Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wall Tile / Floor Tile - Grout Colour Issue

• 01-05-2024 12:50pm
    Subscribers Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

We've very recently had the bathroom done. We chose a matching white wall & floor tile. There's a grey feature wall too, but with the white, we wanted a white grout too to create the kind of seamless effect.

The floor tile is perfect, looks great. Wall tile, while also looking good, grout seems to gradually get greyer as it moves up the wall. I asked the tiler about this whilst he was there, and he said the grout for wall and floor defo came from the same bag. I had thought maybe he mixed up the feature wall grout, but nope, I could tell he was being truthful. He seemed fairly disinterested, even though he could see what I was talking about.

Maybe this is normal enough or some sort of optical phenomenon in how light reflects off the grout at higher angles, rather than how the grout is mixed / applied as he works from bottom to top?

I've been able to find the tiles online and photoshop with similar grout results to show what's happened. Anyone experience this? It kind of takes away from the seamless effect I'd hoped for. I thought about applying a white colourant sealer, but might not change things?

Floor:

Wall:

Advertisement