Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trusted browser status - is this a new feature. Must use Chrome- how do I use it for 2 accounts

Options
  • 01-05-2024 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,454 ✭✭✭

I have some premium bonds in the Uk and yesterday decided to log on and check the details. Accounts are quite old, more than 14 years and I am sure I updated as the technology changed, my last log on was 2021, but yesterday was a new experience. I started on my own account and as it now uses 2 factor authentication I had to opt for a code to a phone. I was surprised to find they had entered my irish mobile incorrectly but I have a uk mobile so that worked. Next bit I had to enter a new 6 digit pin. Finally got access and tried to change email but got message " we need proof of identity". I then tried the other account and as number was wrong could not get a code and kept getting message PW incorrect. I ended up ringing them and then got security questions that I never had used. I had to get answers wrong 3 times before I got sent a temp password letter and was told what was needed for Proof. But the final bit stumped me. I was told to use chrome browser and when I entered the pin I got trusted browser status but that was for my account. And if I try to access another account it will get rejected!!

I use a desktop with windows 10 and 2 users. Can I use one user for my account and the other for the second account? Don't have a clue how trusted browser status works, does it embed some code on the Desktop or the browser?

Help

Advertisement