Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Energy Upgrade Scheme

• 02-05-2024 10:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭

SBCI have launched a new, unsecured, cheaper loan scheme for home energy upgrade(s)

https://sbci.gov.ie/products/home-energy-upgrade-loan-scheme

on first read through, it looks a bit complicated and PTSB are the only financial institution at the start.

the main concern for me is that it seems you can't just get the loan and choose your preferred provider - there is mandatory engagement with approved providers only - so like a lot of schemes, there's a possibility that it'll be more expensive

Post edited by ablelocks on

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Not sure this is relevant to Banking Insurance and Pensions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭ablelocks

wasn't sure myself either, but as a cheaper, unsecured alternative to standard loans i thought it would be of interest.

Advertisement