Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plan for the week

• 29-11-2004 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

This week, I may or may not go to the gym, once or twice.

Also, i intend on playing football on wednesday night.

I intend ignoring my gf for a few days.

I intend on doing as little work as possible.

'bout ya'll?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

gimmick wrote:
    This week, I may or may not go to the gym, once or twice.

Also, i intend on playing football on wednesday night.

I intend on doing as little work as possible.

'bout ya'll?

Dear god it's getting worse, first the what did you do today thread, now this.... No-one cares what you plan to do for the week.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

gimmick wrote:

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I dunno, I like these threads... They can give u an insight into the person.

Personally I'm going to try and motivate myself to complete the very flawed Half Life2 at some stage.
    I'm planning on getting my mountain bike repaired and attempting to start some form of regular excercise.
    On Wednesday I'll be chopping down some trees which is always a pain in the ass job.

Thats about it actually..... Unless something catastrophic happens I plan to have a quiet week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

gimmick wrote:

This week, I shall be giving gimmick's girlfriend's phone number to Typedef.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

I plan on taking over the world. If that doesn't happen by Tuesday I might....

Go to gym a few times, play with new camera, go see The Beta Band, get facial and manicure from cousin training to be beautician, have check up with dentist on thursday, drive to Dublin to sell bass, buy a christmas present or two, try an off load a bass amp with the local music store, sleep *this is of key importance, I have manged to get myself a 3 day week at work, those 4 other days must be spent wisely*. But most importantly on my to do list for this week... every so often I see this guy ... in slow motion. Yes like the movies. I am going to make a point of finding 'slow motion guy' this week, and talk to him. Oh and get a lightbulb for the back of my car. And my bedroom now that I think of it.... I think that is all I had to do.

Its good to share ;)

*edit* must also see the incredibles

• Advertisement

who is this "slow motion" guy u speak of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Monday work
    Tuesday work
    Wednesday work. Watch Manu/Arsenal game. PAYDAY!! :D
    Thursday work
    Friday work
    Saturday/Sunday - on call for work so probably work again!

Roll on next week to do it all again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

learning php and getting my software engi project as done as possible this week. :)
    drinking a bottle of wine each day.
    go out tomorrow night, wed nite and possibly thursday night too.
    work this coming weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Getting all my problem sheets done :(
    Doing lots of TKD practise, got my black tag grading next monday :D
    Work at the weekend :(:(
    Squeeze in lots of MP2E :D:D
    Also TKD Xmas party this week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

catch up on sleep.
    work till friday.
    off saturday and sunday.
    then do it all again :)

• Advertisement

rebel72 wrote:
    Monday work
    Tuesday work
    Thursday work
    Friday work

you really earn the name rebel :rolleyes:
    who is this "slow motion" guy u speak of?

:eek: why the interest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

rebel72 wrote:
    Monday work
    Tuesday work
    Thursday work
    Friday work

i know that feeling

monday 12hrs work 3hrs travel :(
    tuesday the same :(
    wednesday the same :(
    thursday the same :(
    friday the same :(
    saturday the same :(
    sunday..... nowt :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

in worktoday and tomorrow, football tomorrow and wednesday night, wednesday is clean my flat day, which will just end up being reading old issues of empire and 442 that i thought were lost but were actually in my fridge. and after 5 minutes of cleaning i'll just get bored and end up going for a nap

going on a road trip to killarney (how exciting eh?) on thurs to get some Xmas shopping done, few jars thurs nite and back to work on friday.yay.

and, much like Canis Lupus, i intend on finishing Half Life 2 at some stage this week.

although because i only play it for five minutes before getting bored (good ol' ADD eh?) I can;t really see it happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

KlodaX wrote:
    you really earn the name rebel :rolleyes:

Nah, I get that from having the privilege of being born in Cork!! ;)

KlodaX wrote:

:eek: why the interest?

The guy sounds strange.... thats all :)

The guy sounds strange.... thats all :)

he doesn't actually walk around pretending to be in slow motion. :D Its just the way I see him. I've never actually experienced that before ... it must be some chemical thing in the brain when you see something you like.

KlodaX wrote:
    he doesn't actually walk around pretending to be in slow motion. :D Its just the way I see him. I've never actually experienced that before ... it must be some chemical thing in the brain when you see something you like.

Oh I get ya.... like in the movies.... time slows down, u stand stand there mouth slightly open, he turns slowly and looks in yur direction and gives you a sparkling smile and u prolly trip up or something :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

Monday.....work.....bed
    Tues.........work.....bed
    Wed..........Work.....then paint friends salon..........bed
    Thurs........work......then out with work................bed
    Friday.......will probably never happen.....see thurs......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

MON: Work today - Going out for dinner with my g/f tonight
    TUE: Work, song writing/rehearsal for evening
    WED: Work, maybe Wed nite football beers
    THUR: Work, office x-mas party in the evening
    FRI: Gone to London (dunno if g/f is even coming despite it all being paid for??!!!??), watching Alter Bridge in Mean Fiddler, Charing Cross that nite
    SAT: London, take g/f out for dinner that nite (IF she even comes with me!!!)
    SUN: Home from London, chill out for evening

Ah - isn't my life complex & busy...... :rolleyes:

::: ven0mous :::

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Monday : Work, then just home, I have to go and collect my bag off one of my mates, I left it in the pub on friday night and he took it home for me, it's in his house, going to go and collect it tonight, I'll get a lift of me oul lad, because he has to go and pick the sister up from college, my mates house is on the way, so thats alright. I'll prob watch a dvd or something later, eat some popcorn and have a big glass ot Ribena, you can't beat Ribena!

Tuesday : Work, then home. I have no money left after the weekend, so the pub isn't an option.

Wednesday : Work, then out to watch Manchester United playing Arsenal, it's payday too, so a few beers will be had.

Thurs : Work, then the work Xmas do, free meal and some free drinks, it's in a top posh hotel in Dublin City too, sweet!

Fri : Work ( depending on amount of alcohol consumed! ), then in to town again to meet up with the college lads, it's kinda a xmas drinks thing with all the old college mates, should be a good night!

Sat : Up at 12 every saturday, plonk in front of the telly and watch Sky's Soccer Saturday for six hours. later on, dunno, maybe head out the mates for a few drinks, maybe in to town again.

Sunday : Chill, and flake in front of the telly watching football. Maybe head out for a few quiet pints in the local.

• Advertisement

Oh I get ya.... like in the movies.... time slows down, u stand stand there mouth slightly open, he turns slowly and looks in yur direction and gives you a sparkling smile and u prolly trip up or something :)
    Yes like the movies

Thats a very good discription of the situation, except I rarely get a smile ... just a very intriguing look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jefrey

workin, tv, bed
    for the rest of the week.
    i miss being a student.
    ya had all the time to go out but none of the money, now its the other way around...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Catch up on my coursework
    Sort out my bank account
    buy christmas presents
    Go out at least once or twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

mon: go to college, work sleep
    tues: go to college, work sleep
    wed: go to college, work sleep
    thur: go to college, work sleep
    fri: go to college, work sleep
    sat: go to college, work sleep
    sun: go to college, work sleep

KlodaX wrote:
    Thats a very good discription of the situation, except I rarely get a smile ... just a very intriguing look.

heh heh... more like a "Oh jesus theres that crazy girl who won't stop staring at me" :p

heh heh... more like a "Oh jesus theres that crazy girl who won't stop staring at me" :p

:confused: oh please don't say that, you aren't making things any easier. Besides... he started it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Gav99

Moday - Work, Play Squash, Rub one off.
    Tuesday - Work, few hours of GTA, rub one off.
    Wed - Work, play footie, watch footie, rub one off.
    Thur - Work, dentist, play footie, try not to rub one off.
    Friday - Work, drink, find someone who's willing to "rub one off" for me
    Sat - sleep, footie, drink.
    Sunday - N/A

KlodaX wrote:
    :confused: oh please don't say that, you aren't making things any easier. Besides... he started it.

Hey don't come complaining when u get a barring order slapped on ya for stalking :P

and
    gav99 wrote:
    find someone who's willing to "rub one off" for me

I hope yur talking about something blackboard related

Canis Lupus ... you have just ruined my plans for this week.

• Advertisement

KlodaX wrote:
    Canis Lupus ... you have just ruined my plans for this week.

I'm sorry.... I tell u what... just go for it.... Being a bloke I'm sure he won't think it strange that a lady he doesn't know is trying to strike up a conversation with him in a non niteclub environment. I just hope it doesn't turn out like the meteor advert with him having a brutal bogger accent :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Today: Have some tea, hang around with friends, write some RPG stuff.
    Tuesday: Have some tea, hang around with friends, read some RPG stuff, take part in Epic D&D game.
    Wednesday: Have some tea, hang around with friends, get paid, spend most of it on rent that was due on monday :( . Go to Sally's and have a noisy drink in between nodding head with gusto to rock music.
    Thursday: Have tea, eat some pasta, lie low.
    Friday: Have tea, cake, good dinner, head off to Galway Beers in the Anno, while hoping like hell nothing important comes up for the guy covering my shift that night.
    Saturday: Curse fondness for good beer, drink water, get ready for work, work all night.
    Sunday: Sleep alday, work all night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Monday: Work, Cinema, Sleep
    Tuesday: Work, Find something to do, Sleep
    Wednesday: Work, Find something to do, Sleep
    Thursday: Work, Pack up my stuff, Sleep
    Friday: Work, Call to a friends for beer, Sleep.
    Saturday: Sleep late, Move house, Office Christmas Party
    Sunday: Sleep (very) late and curse the amount I drank at the party...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Monday : college, work, spend half the night doing a presentation on a play i have yet to read.
    Tuesday : college, start an overdue essay, sleep
    Wednesday : college, start another overdue essay, sleep
    Thursday : college, Tommy Tiernan, drink, sleep
    Friday : college with a monster hangover and then sleeeeeeeeep
    Saturday: work at 6:30am, sleep
    Sunday : sleep some more, work from 2:30 - 11pm

ah the life of a student eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭otron

Not my usual week!

Tues - Go to work, go to London, meet sister for dinner
    Wed - Go to work (In London), spend the evening with missus
    Thurs - Go to work (In London), fly home, visit parents
    Friday - Go to work, leave early, go to Xmas party
    Sat - Hangover, packing.
    Sun - Fly to China for work (Possibly, find out tomorrow, dear God let it happen)
    Mon - (Possibly) Get up with Jet lag, go to meetings, maybe master Kung Fu in the evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

I've got a lot of work on this week, and I have some DIY-type stuff to get done sometime this year hopefully, so I may tackle that. On the plus side, Thursday is pay day so I have the pleasure of watching my bank account slide from that heady high back down to small numbers thanks mainly to mortgage, bills,insurance and the like. I also have some work to do on my cars but it's cold and I am lazy. I won't even have time to go for a few drinks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Monday : college, work, spend half the night doing a presentation on a play i have yet to read.
    Tuesday : college, start an overdue essay, sleep
    Wednesday : college, start another overdue essay, sleep
    Thursday : college, Tommy Tiernan, drink, sleep
    Friday : college with a monster hangover and then sleeeeeeeeep
    Saturday: work at 6:30am, sleep
    Sunday : sleep some more, work from 2:30 - 11pm

ah the life of a student eh?

That sounds pretty crap!......Apart from Thursday night now! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Yesterday: Came to work late, worked, then watched a load of telly, then went to bed at about 2am.
    Today: Work, then comedy festival in Vicar street, then home to bed.
    Tomorrow: Work then go to the gym, then watch telly, then go to bed.
    Thursday: Work, then the Christmas Party, then bed. I've given myself a curfew.. otherwise I won't make it in to work on ...
    Friday: We're drawing straws in my dept. to see who gets the day off after the Xmas party. Assuming I don't get the day off.. Work, then the gym, then maybe a couple of pints, then bed.
    Saturday: Christmas shopping, then a mates birthday drinks. Bed will probably happen in the small hours of Sunday Morning.
    Sunday: Get up undoubtedly hungover. Go horseriding, then go home to see the family..

we spend a lot of time working don't we :rolleyes:

Kev.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

we spend a lot of time working don't we :rolleyes:

Kev.

uh yeah - except YOU don't do any work Kev. You just sit round there, spout a ton of jargon & annoy the "little" people downstairs telling them to stop sending customers up to you all while you listen to Elvis & look at your elvis pictures in a way that frankly frightens us all!!! LMAO :D

::: ven0mous :::

How did the plans go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Mon - (today) go into Manhatten and do a bit of shopping (still got $300 of spending money left :) )
    Tue - visit my grandmother, then get on the plane back to Ireland
    Wed - arrive in Shannon sometime in the AM, get on a bus back to Galway. play some metroid prime 2 and drink a bit of duty free booze.
    Thu - have my first proper lie-in in 2 weeks. :p play some more metroid prime 2 and maybe start hl2...
    Fri - start my third day of work. head out for a few pints with a workmate afterwards, then head out again with a mate who's coming up from cork. finish whatever duty free booze i have left.
    Sat - the mother of all hangovers... start "the cure" early in the day. followed by more pubbage/clubbage.
    Sun - more mp2/hl2

should be a fun week :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement