Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Triton T80 Flowrates

• 02-05-2024 1:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭

Friend of mine rang me recently with apparent flowrate problems from one of these, he has a pressure gauge just before the (u/stairs) shower but is only getting 5.0LPM at 1.0bar and occasionally will not start heating, whereas the MIs state.

I have the same Fastfit T80 and have a pressure gauge on the ground floor so did some tests, temperature control to fully cold, flowrate 8.0LPM, pressure 2.5bar (from static of 3.5/3.6bar), throttled the stop valve to give a measured 5.2LPM at a dynamic pressure of 1.7bar which allowing for the static head & pipe loss equals almost exactly 1.0bar at the shower. If I further throttle the stop valve to give 4.0LPM at 1.25bar, 0.62bar dynamic, then no heating, not unexpected but it seems that a minimum of very close to 1.0bar at the shower is required and will not remotely give 8.0LPM. My old Mira Sport certainly did not require anything like 1.0bar minimum, in fact I could and did run this shower occasionally (when no mains available) from the CWST with a head of ~ 0.25bar and a flowrate of 3.0LPM to allow one element usage. The T80 only gives a dribble of water when fed from the CWST, obviously one can't expect to run any mains shower from a CWST but it seems a little strange why I only get a dribble from this shower, the Sport still only gave a little over 8.0LPM (mains supplied) with the temperature control set to fully cold.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,162 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I contacted Triton UK a few years ago about a T80z having 11 lpm at the inlet but only 7 lpm maximum coming out of the shower. The reply I got was that it is capped at 7 lpm by the shower. This is a design feature. Why I don't know. I think the sport is capped at 8 lpm. It didn't suit my client because the attic had skylights. It got extremely hot in the summer so the water was lukewarm going into the shower.

Forgetting about the building regulations, I still wouldn't ever connect a mains fed shower to the mains water supply in Dublin. We will replace T80 for T80 connected to the mains but new installations will always be taken from the tank with a pump between the tank and the shower. This would mostly be in appartments. Houses we'd go with the T90sr. I could have a bar of pressure when installing the shower but that could drop to less than 3/4 of a bar for most of the day. This could mean cold showers between 7am and 9pm. Installer gets blamed on this so we just don't install to the mains

Advertisement