Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Required To Get 'Cards'?

Options
  • 02-05-2024 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭

Hope this is about the right place? Couldn't find a Mod's handle, to PM and ask.

Anyway; Trying to get one of those 'PrePaid Debit Cards'. Seems europe has decreed, to get one, we Must show a Passport or Drivers License? I have neither. Never have.

I now see we can get a basic, 'Govt Approved', photo ID card. " PSC " . Political ramifications aside, I'd be up for that. I'd just Love to hear of anyone who's found one acceptable, under the strictures of this KYC rule, which now appears truly ubiquitous.

PM's fine, of course 🙂

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭gipi

The PSC isn't an ID card for general use, it's used as ID for public services only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭Stigura

Well, that's just great 😬 Thanks, Gipi.

I actually came to all this because some bright spark, elsewhere, suggested I simply put in for a 'Provisional Driving License'? Think I came up with that I'd need a PSC to even make a start on That?

If I start down that route; Anyone know if That might work, please?

Thanks, peeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭gipi

You can't apply for a driving license online unless you have a PSC. I think you can apply in person though.

You'll need to do a driving theory test before being issued with a learner permit.

Advertisement