Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf travel agents

Options
  • 02-05-2024 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi All. Can anyone recommend any golf travel company in particular for booking a trip for 8 lads - can be for anywhere in the world.

Also, what do you think these companies are adding on to the overall cost as a %?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭coillcam

This will sound like a paid post but it's not. We just had a very good experience - had a HIO and pb so it was great for the golf anyway 😂.

I went on a group trip in 2023 that was booked by our pro via Paul from Killester Travel. We ended up near Cadiz in Spain on a 4* all-inclusive package with the course (Novo Sancti Petri) a 5-minute walk from the hotel (Iberostar). Food was genuinely top class for all-inclusive and it's a self-service buffet all you can eat. We had lobster on one of the evenings and sushi on another—multiple different chef stations to cook certain dishes from scratch too so there was lots of variety. I was very happy with hotel itself, it's also on the beach so 2 mins from your room and you're on the boardwalk. There were 2 outdoor pools, an indoor pool, gym, spa and even kids' club. Not a huge amount of families there but you could have a family option too.

It was a little more expensive than some options but everything was excellent and well organised - Paul and team were lovely to deal with. Transfers, tee times on both of the courses etc all covered. We barely had any extra expenses as it was really "all-inclusive". I'd have no problem recommending Killester again.

The profit margin of the companies I have no idea. I'd imagine if it's a bespoke package then an agent makes more commission vs an off-the-shelf deal where you plug in the dates. The benefit of an agency is that you've everything taken care of (eg tee times, transfers), they have local agents/connections to resolve problems and you have less guesswork. Lots of people I know book independently to head to Faro and play every year.

It isn't rocket science and can be done either way. If it's the first time for everyone, I'd probably recommend leaning towards an agent for convenience.

Advertisement