Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance to cancel?

Options
  • 02-05-2024 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

hi everyone, first of all i apologize if this was already asked before, im new here and dont know how to search prev discussions. so this is the situation, im planning to trade in my car for a new car the next 2days. it was already agreed with the dealer. however i just want to ask what will happen to the insurance policy of my old car, should i call the insurance to cancel it (fyi it will be due on may 24) and just apply for a new policy for the new car? iv tried online qoutes and the lowest is aviva. my current insurance is with chill and they increase my renewal every year considering i have 3 years NCB. thanks in advance for who ever will reply 😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Call chill and the policy switches to new car. They may charge you, may give you a refund or may just leave price as it is.

Policy runs until same end date as currently and then you can look at switching insurers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 chokzdgreat

so what will happen with my old cars policy? should i take the disc from the windshield? and once transferred probably theyll be posting the new disc and may take few days to arrive right? so am i allowed to drive the new car while waiting for the new disc? thanks 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Madd002

Yes you are just moving policy over to new car when you are in garage picking up car ring insurance company who will then insure you on new car in real time, they will then update your policy and send by email so if u stopped by guards your covered while waiting on new disc to come in post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

It's your policy, not the cars policy if you get me…I usually put the disc from windscreen and put it in new car until replacement disc arrives.

Yes you can drive new car straight away.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement