Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backlash 2024 WWE *Spoilers*

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,240 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I like Jade's hair like that, yes green and sloppy in the ring still but her and Bianca as champions should be good until their inevitable feud

Whose the new Bloodline guy now, is that another Uce, Fatu?

A great crowd, Jey is really over

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

Great main event 2 sore bodies after that I'd say.

Where now for AJ I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Very fun event overall, completely made by the crowd, unbelievable energy from them to keep going that long. The "la la la la" chant is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Any surprises ?

Wonder are they padding out rosters for these international ppvs. A lot of money spent for a small card

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Cant believe someone said Tiffany Stratton was green in the ring a while back 🤣🤣 she's absolutely phenomenal.

European crowds just absolutely goat it over US ones, time and time and time again it's been proven. Backlash crowd just partied the whole time, got involved without trying to get themselves over ala the US ones, Chicago and possibly Philly excluded. Saudi crowds are probably ordered to be there so you can't expect much else from them

Bloodline 2.0 looking damn good coming out of that. Usos and Roman vs Solo and G.O.D. for SummerSlam perhaps?

Be intresting to see how they book the Bloodline wars

You'd feel like a heel turn would be coming from the 'good side' at any given second. Crowd will be hot for Roman when he returns

I'll admit Tiffany looked a star at this ppv but sometimes her moonsault looks like she don't land correctly

@Necro

I think she'll take Queen of the Ring and/or MITB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Ridley

European crowds just absolutely goat it over US ones, time and time and time again it's been proven. Backlash crowd just partied the whole time, got involved without trying to get themselves over ala the US ones, Chicago and possibly Philly excluded. Saudi crowds are probably ordered to be there so you can't expect much else from them

And we don't have to see the same green shirt every time.

• Advertisement

Whatever happened to the big tall lurch looking guy and his mother

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Do American sports crowds do chants or songs at all? I know NBA/NFL has "De-fence!" but in wrestling it's all very monotonous.

This. Is. Awe. Some.

You. Still. Got. It.

Lets. Go. X.

Ho. Lee. Shít.

You. De. Serve. It.

They all have that da da da cadence. They sing along with some entrances so singing some chants shouldn't be hard.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

He tried out for the WWE in Next Gen actually 🤣

Ah it's probably not him but this is the guy I'm on about. He's a superfan and a big huge guy. Former footballer tbf to him.

https://x.com/Kevin_feder?t=VSPyC_NWcUPKZ2wyWGuvTw&s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

The average ticket price for this show was €300.

Regards,

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Cotts72

You've still got Jacob Fatu to debut aswell ...possibly more like hikuleo in july when his NJPW deal ends

I think they'll do wreck for the next 2months and reigns similar to the Austin invasion storyline will remain at home not giving a **** before eventually being encouraged to return and absolutely clears house to a huge pop

How the rock fits into this I'm going to assume he's tied in with 2.0 as their new head of the table and will reveal himself down the line (after he films his latest movie)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Fun fact folks: The Cody Rhodes vs AJ Styles match at Backlash yesterday was the first time the Undisputed Title has been defended in a televised match that has had ZERO interference since the June 17, 2022 episode of SmackDown, where Roman Reigns defended against Matt Riddle without interference.

Nearly two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Jay Pentatonic

That crowd was insane, it was like everything was the best move they'd ever seen - Cody kicking out at a 1-count after a receiving a "Birminghammer" didn't nearly get the pop it deserved 😂😂. Also was there a bit of a nod to Danielson v Opsrey in that match? 😊

Except for Jade looking awful, was a great event all round 👏

• Registered Users Posts: 10,996 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Was a good show made great by the crowd.

Having Jade featured as a tag champ for a few months of TV and PPVs will help her tremendously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

I doubt Jade is going to improve in the ring to be honest. She had 3 years on TV in AEW wrestling regularly enough just doing the same move set she did yesterday, The WWE have had her under contract for for the last eight months down at the PC and she seems to have actually gone backwards. Jade doesn’t need to be good bell to bell to be honest she has the amazing look pure star power that just gets her over. I also think she is using the WWE as a stepping stone to get into Hollywood.

Regards,

P.

Yeah Jade has an aura of a star that will get her a long long way. It wasn't a phenomenal performance by her surely but it didn't have to be. What most will take away from that match is the set up to her finisher where she transitioned Kairi from powerbomb to electric chair into Jaded which looked really cool. Once she nails the big spots (and in fairness she has done so far) her being a little sloppy or one dimensional won't matter a jot.

Advertisement