Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google podcasts are finishing.

Options
  • 03-05-2024 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 46 rodderss

What app are people using as an alternative to Google podcasts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭sundodger5

I recently moved to Pocket Casts. No particular reason.

Interface and search seems better than Google and it works with Android auto.

• Ive imported to YouTube Music but it's a nightmare tbh, YouTube videos are showing as podcasts and it's now just very cluttered.

I much preferred the two seperate apps will likely go back to Pocket Casts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I use Youtube for music, mostly because I pay the subscription to get rid of ads… I've moved my podcasts to there and happy enough that all my stuff is in one place, but I agree that the interface for podcasts is messy to say the least… I'll go with it for a while, but may consider moving to another platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Tork

I’ve been using Podcast Addict for years and am happy with that. It also works with Android Auto.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,211 ✭✭✭archfi

Pocketcasts (for true cross platform syncing) and Apple Podcasts

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Notmything

Podcast republic suits me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Tork

Spotify is another one of course. I don't use it very much but it seems to be far more comprehensive than it used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mollser

I've only used Googe podcasts and thought it was great, very clean interface, could skip ads and seemed very comprehensive library.

So I tried YouTube, what a disaster. Interface was a mess, but far worse - you must keep the mobile screen on for it to play, unless you subscribe. Wtaf? Completely negates the point of podcasting!

I do subscribe to Spotify so guess I'll go there, but it seems a very surprising and entirely retrograde step from Google.

Albeit I do like to keep music and podcasts totally separate also.

Advertisement