Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuart Turner Pump turning on and off

Options
  • 03-05-2024 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I have a M330N Stuart Turner pump and it will come on at random times.

Sometimes it stays on indefinitely. Sometimes it comes on for a minute and turns off.

I have searched high and low for leaks but cannot find any - pulled out the washing machine, behind toilets, put paper in the toilets to see if it gets wet, took out baseboards etc etc but there's nothing evident.

Also what's interesting is that if it comes on, if I open a tap just for a couple of seconds, then close it, the pump will stop running about 5 seconds later.

I used to have a different problem where when I turned on any tap, the pump wouldn't kick in, it would make a noise like it wanted to start (humming) but didn't properly start. Temporarily I put a magnet to the switch and it kicked in, but after a while I discovered that it was happening because a flextail coming out of the pump was bent on it's route downstairs, so I wedged the pipe straight and that one has been fine since.

I have also replaced the PCB and the capacitor recently so they should be fine.

Is there anything else I should check?

Thanks!

Comments

Advertisement