Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst weather you've encountered at a music festival.

Options
  • 03-05-2024 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know if this is suitable for the Weather forum or Gigs and Events. But I especially would like to mention the year 2016, I attended nine different outdoor music events and it down poured at every single one. Townlands Carnival at Macroom Co Cork rain relentlessly for Friday and Saturday but a dry Sunday night. Worst though was Electric Picnic where I injured myself in the mud. I'm sure some of you attended Oxegen Festival where I think it rained solid for 7 or 8 editions, 2008 being the only dry year I recall. Any mad stories.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Oxegen 2005 was a scorcher. Oxegen 2006 was a washout mudfest (and had several other issues as we well know here on boards). I watched Bon Jovi in the RDS in 2000 with serious thunder and lightning and torrential rain. It actually added to the atmosphere and at least we were able to go home to a hot shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Simple Minds Croke Park 1986. A hallowed evening of incredible music and sferics.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Tom petty 2012 rained like 36 hours straight

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Oxegen 2006. Many a wellington was lost in those fields due to "quick sand" mud! Also then Oxegen 2009 it rained solid for the whole weekend. I felt like the scene in Forrest Gump where I experienced every rain type, including rain that seemed to come upwards from the ground.

Also, in 2019 I was in Brighton for the classic mini festival weekend. I remember arriving, in out h dark, lashing rain and wind, 8 degrees (this was middle of August) and the car getting stuck in the mud. I then had to replace the starter motor lying in very large muddy puddles. Funnily enough, my marriage ended less than a month after that 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

Def Leppard, Motley Crue in Marlay Park July 2023. Torrential showers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement