Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will engineer code silence everything?

• 04-05-2024 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

I am in the attic clearing away old telephone cables. I cut what I think is a phone cable but is in fact the cable to the external bell. Four wires.
    Internal and external bells ring. I enter my user code at the panel (HKC SecureWatch) and the internal bell stops but external continues. I do a very quick rough repair to the cut cable and the outside bell goes silent. I now want to do a good sound repair on the cut cable but don't want the alarms to ring.
    Question: I have the engineer code. If I enter that code can I then go fix the cut wires in my own time without fear of the alarms sounding?

MOTF

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭manofthefora

I guess from the silence that I have broken the rules by even mentioning the engineer code.

Mea Culpa.

MOTF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭carveone

I got my alarm reset when I moved in by Cuala Ltd. It's a HKC Securewatch and he set me up an engineer code as well. I had to use it when replacing my sliding door and moving the sensor. Stops it squawking at me so it's helpful.

However I'm not sure this will work for you.

When I last had a power cut, the battery was old so the alarm went off and the front panel would not respond to key presses (which is stupid but there you go. Alarms suck.). I pulled the external spur fuse, opened the box (which would normally trigger the alarm except it was wailling away anyway) and pulled the battery. Now it's proper dead and I can do whatever I want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭altor

Yes you can fix the cable by joining the colours back as they were.

You may have blown a fuse but these can be replaced also once cable is rejoined

Advertisement