Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade Game old 1970-80

• 04-05-2024 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have an arcade game (full size cabinet, ex arcade). I inherited it. It does not work. I would like to get someone to have a look at it and see if it is repairable. Are there any companies/individuals who can help? It is a Taito Space Invaders.

Based in Blanchardstown, Dub 15.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭dav09

I do repairs for some arcades but I'm a good bit away and likely won't be back around Dublin dublin too soon. But yes I would say definitely repairable. Even if the main electronics board (PCB) is gone you can get a replacement. As with the monitor, all the parts can be found, as with looms, power supply, etc. There's not many here fixing old machines but there's still a few, hopefully someone here. If you need a half or any advice or help locating parts let me know. If it's been dry stored and is in decent condition might be worth plugging in to see if it has any life and to see if any parts are gone (as long as it's on correct voltage and looks like everything is connected internally, no burn, etc).

Might also be best to sell as is unless it's it sentimental, probably worth a few hundred quid as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭littlemegagamer

It seems to be a great cabinet! I love those artworks!

Advertisement