If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

55” OLED circa €1500

Options
  • 04-05-2024 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Hi,

My current 38” Panasonic TV is ~12 years old; it has served me well but I want something bigger, nicer and fancier.

I visited a local Australian owned store today and saw the Sony A84L and the Samsung S95C.

Both were impressive and were priced similarly at ~€1500 (on sale).

I asked to buy the Sony and after ten minutes they came back and said it was only a single display model for sale. No deal.

I said I’d take the Samsung in that case and they were out of stock in that store.

Do you have either TV in stock and available for home delivery (Cork)?

If not, could you recommend a TV of that pedigree? It’s for the kids and the odd movie. Picture quality is paramount. No gaming involved (except the kids on the Nintendo switch which is only 720p or thereabouts anyway).

I definitely don’t need anything bigger than 55” as I don’t have a big room in which to place it. I’ve looked at some great 42” TV’s but seeing as I’m upgrading I thought something slightly bigger would suit

Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,261 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Iguaantee.

Many thanks for the post.

We do indeed have the Sony 55A84 in stock and currenty priced at €1678 delivered and including our VIP 6 year guarantee free of charge.

The Samsung 55S90C is in stock in our main warehouse but it can not be delivered and is an instore only collection so that would rule it out.

The Sony is the better of the two sets in my opinion.

Also worth check out is the LG 55C3 coming in at €1288.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Iguarantee

What’s the difference between the quoted Sony and LG?

thanks for the info

• Company Representative Posts: 17,261 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Iguaraantee.

The Sony has lots of little tweaks that give it the edge in picture quality.
    It uses an android operating system, whereas LG use their own OS.

The Sony has Acoustic Surface Audio+
    Sony’s unique Acoustic Surface Audio+ speaker system enhances the sync between what you see and what you hear. Vibrating actuators positioned behind the screen pinpoint the sound to the action, heightening the sense of connection and realism.

The Sony has Google TV, hands free voice activation and Sony's BRAVIA CORE – cinematic streaming
    Sony’s BRAVIA CORE is a premium streaming service that’s a cut above the rest. With hundreds of movies, from classics to the latest releases, BRAVIA CORE has something for everyone. Compatible with resolution up to 4K HDR, detail is pin-sharp. Sony’s Pure Stream system streams movies at up to 80Mbps – similar to a 4K UHD Blu-ray player – against the average of 15-25Mbps. It’s also compatible with IMAX Enhanced, giving you the most cinematic sound and vision.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.