Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help with recovering from a Scam

• 06-05-2024 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Deleted after warning

Post edited by Jim2007 on

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

This is not a scam, it is social engineering. In other words you were duped into instructed the financial institutions to execute legally valid transactions and in such circumstances most will refuse to compensate you for such actions. The problem is that there is no audit trail to confirm a fraud was committed.

You could try the credit card company and see what they say - in the worst case NO.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 naughty1205

You've got it wrong Jim. That's fine, I couldn't go into more detail here, I thought I was posting in the Bank of I forum, however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,162 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I doubt credit cards company will be much help, as you did not use the card to pay for the tickets. Transferring funds into the Revolut account isn't the transaction that the scam took place.

It's a sickener when this stuff happens. I feel your pain 😔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭Augme

The credit card transaction to revolut was a legitimate transfer that you made. There was no scam or fraudulent activity involved in that transaction. What you did with the money after that is not the concern of the credit card company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I think your only option will be to do a charge back, but it's highly likely Revolut will lock your Revolut account as a result and there is no guarantee the charge back will work.

Did you buy something using your card or transfer money to another user? If the latter Revolut don't tend to compensate for those as they see it as being a valid user to user transfer, regardless of whether you were sending the money in exchange of a product/service.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement

Thanks Augme and Sleeper12 for your help.

Thanks, I transferred money from my cc account to pay via revolut.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

If you are not going to provide a factual explanation then we are done. I'm closing the thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement