Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused about planning (retention), quick question!

• 06-05-2024 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I have applied for planning retention for commercial use of a property (it's a shared residential/commercial use building and we have increased the commercial area within the building). Approval was granted, of course along with a hefty "development fee"
    I got informal advice from someone who recommended leaving the planning, not "taking it up" and that I can wait up to five years. The suggestion was that taking up the planning may trigger a building regs inspection, particularly fire regs (it's an old building and we have 0% chance of getting a fire safety cert without MAJOR alterations).
    But looking online, I see no reference to taking up or accepting a planning approval, is there such a thing?
    Any advice or recommendations very much appreciated!

TY

Advertisement