Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice

Options
  • 06-05-2024 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Please advice, Hopefully it is this page and not the Garden one. I am hoping to build the back garden up to the level of the kitchen to do the seamless transition from interior to exterior. There is a step at the back door with the normal footpath around the back. So will it be okay to raise the whole area with compacted hardcore and then porcelain tiles? To the level of the Kitchen or am I better just to the level of the step? Also, does it affect the damp course I keep reading about? Or should I try and include a gully for water to drain away? Total novice so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Post edited by jmdsk on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,376 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If you’re a total novice, I’d suggest you get some professional help. There’s a few flags in that post alone.

compacted hardcore and then porcelain tiles?
    Also, does it affect the damp course I keep reading about?
    Or should I try and include a gully for water to drain away

Tiles can’t be laid directly on hardcore. You’ll need a concrete slab on the hardcore.

Yes it affects the damp proof course. The DOC is a place 150-225mm above the ground level. By raising the ground level you affect that.

Yes, a strip drain along the junction deals with the water at that junction. See above.

Advertisement