Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bump Start GSXS1000GT

• 06-05-2024 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Flattened the battery by leaving parking light on. There is enough in the battery that the side lights are visible but not enough for anything to display on the dash. When I hit the starter button, there is no click. Is it worth trying to bump start it? The road at my house is on a hill so I hopefully won't need to push. Unless it doesn't work and I have to push it back up the hill! Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Worth a shot if you haven't already. Hill starts are ideal. 2nd gear, cover the brake and drop the clutch. Hopefully you get sorted 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 40 pjackson

No luck with bump start and God its a heavy yoke to push up a hill even for 50 metres to try the bump start downhill. So after a bit of a faff getting the seat off to access the battery under the front seat due to an over tightened Allen bolt,it started up straight away using jump leads from my car battery. Took it for a spin for 45 minutes and all seems well with the battery. In for service next month and I'll ask them to check that it is healthy.

Advertisement