Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Immigration - Dublin Airport

Options
  • 07-05-2024 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭

Travelling on Thursday morning with my family.
    What is the time to clear immigration these days?
    I will be at the airport 3 hours before the flight (probably even a little earlier).
    Will we be okay to have breakfast before immigration, or should be go straight through?

Not sure of food options on the other side

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Have your breakfast before you go through immigration as there's not much after you go through it. Three hours should be plenty of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

There's a newish place after US pre-clearance that actually does a half-decent breakfast. I recommend the egg sambo!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TaliyahGarrett

Three hours before your flight should be plenty of time. I've flown out on Thursday mornings before and immigration usually moves pretty smoothly. You should have time for a quick breakfast before or after, depending on your preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Just to update - we absolutely breezed through.
    The easiest and fastest I have ever seen it.
    We had a relaxed breakfast before immigration and I was surprised that we were not asked to put bags through the scanners, etc. We showed passports and boarding passes and then went straight to the agent without queuing. We were processed in minutes.
    We then had a drink in the bar/restaurant, which was much better than expected

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

yeah it’s been very quiet the last year or so I’ve been going through it

• Advertisement
Advertisement