Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saorview and freesat tv

Options
  • 07-05-2024 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

hi all,

Would appreciate advice please ..

I have a new build and I want to access saorview and freesat tv with ability to record. What is best way to proceed ?
    Can I record via usb hd ? Or is there a better way ? I don’t really want to get “boxes” if possible.
    if I get tvs with dual tuners I don’t need those “boxes “ ?

much obliged .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭decor58

I have two brands of tv, Walker and LG, there are pros and cons to both, the one issue with both is that if you are recording you can't change channels, I keep a box on one tv to get round this. Regarding the pros and cons, the Walker has all the channels on one list and the channels can be renumbered, plus it is possible to view a recording while the tv is recording another programme, neither of these are on the LG, you have to switch sources on the LG, its is very quick using the quick access function and the tv won't record while you are viewing a previous recording. On the plus side with the LG has Freesat, the Walker is free to air, where you have to arrange the channels yourself.

The LG has auto updates and 7 day epg in Saorview and Freesat modes, the Walker has 7 day on Saorview but now and next on satellite.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rollwithit

Many thanks Decor58 👍… am I right in saying if I am recording a saorview channel I can still watch a freesat channel and vice Versa ?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭decor58

Not on either of those brands, I keep the combi box for that reason, tv and box operate with a OneforAll remote, no messing with remotes at least.

Advertisement