Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord selling up and am stuck with EIR Contract

Options
  • 07-05-2024 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭

Hi All……

Am asking this for my son……

He rented a room in a house with a couple of lads already there in situ last July.

In October - they all agreed to get in EIR Broadband and they would all contribute 3 x ways. My son took on the Contract which was for 24 months at €50 a month.

As the title says - the Landlord now wants to sell the house and they have been given 3 x months notice. The problem is that there will be still 12 months left on the EIR contract. I guess he will look for accommodation elsewhere in the town BUT probably end up in somewhere where there will already be a Broadband setup.

So - the question is … Is there any 'hardship' options he can claim to get out of the contract this early. The Landlord obviously doesn't want to take it over

Any help would be much appreciated.

Advertisement