Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staycation/Respite travel ideas

Options
  • 07-05-2024 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking for a local getaway recommendations (as an individual, solo traveller ) a spa/leisure stay at accomodation, have healthy meals , where I don't have to do anything, just relax or rest. As a care giver for years I don't think I ever got a proper respite for myself. Everywhere I look online is either for couple of friends or group etc. Ideally for 2 to 3 days. Anywhere in Ireland. Thanks

Post edited by Ella108 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TaliyahGarrett

Wow, it sounds like you're well overdue for some relaxation! Being a caregiver is no easy feat, and taking a solo trip for some self-care is a fantastic idea. In fact, I did something similar myself a few years ago after a particularly long stretch of feeling burned out.

Here in Ireland, there are some amazing spots perfect for a luxurious solo spa retreat. Since you mentioned not wanting to deal with anything, I'd recommend looking into places with all-inclusive packages that cover accommodation, meals, and spa treatments. That way, you can truly switch off and focus on unwinding.

I had a wonderful experience at Ashford Castle Hotel (you might need to replace this with a specific location based on your search) on the west coast. They have these incredible oceanfront rooms with big bathtubs, and their spa offers all sorts of treatments – hot stone massages, facials, the works! They also have these delicious healthy meal options, so you can fuel your relaxation without any guilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Ella108

Thanks, you are spot on I'll try not to feel too guilty...I don't even remember when was the last time I went to a spa, I'll be looking into it. Few years ago I did go with a group to a retreat day centre where the day was packed with lots of activities and even though I enjoyed it and it was well catered for ( with some food and tea etc) I was on my toes all day attending well being seminars, yoga sessions, etc packed in one day... something I'll do again but for now looking into something where I can just relax without having to tend to anything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭tohaltuwi

Lots of nice places to tear yourself: Parknasilla Resort Sneem, Park Hotel Kennare, Wineport Lodge Athlone, Monart Spa Wexford, Kelly’s Resort Hotel Roslare, Harvey’s Point Donegal, The Lodge at Ashford Castle, Europe Hotel Killarney, to name a few

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭fits

I know someone who goes to monart on their own for similar reasons. Adult only too. Might be worth a look.

Advertisement