Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fencing bordering Coillte

Options
  • 08-05-2024 7:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I live in Carlow and have lived here all my life, living next to Coillte land. Recently the acre adjoining mine went sale agreed for a house.

The original coillte forestry fencing that's everywhere in the area and separates my land and theirs had fallen down a bit in places but was visible and could see all the posts.

The new land owner has without my knowledge/consent gone in and cleared the original fence and is now claiming her boundary is about 2m into my property beyond the original fence. She claims Coillte set back their fencing and own 2 meters beyond where their fencing is.

I find this hard to believe as looks at the land all around me and site maps, I just don't think that's the case. I can't get hold of anyone in Coillte discuss either.

If anything I thought it is now a shared fence and anything needs to happen we mutually agree.

Anyone any experience of a similar situation or have any thoughts on remedy/approach? Or about Coillte fencing policies.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭cap.in.hand.

You state in another coillte thread your living in your house for 1 year next to coillte land ...in this coillte thread your living in your house next to coillte land all your life….?????...it's pretty obvious your the same poster.

Post edited by cap.in.hand. on

• Registered Users Posts: 2 walkingthecow

Hi, afraid not but thanks for the helpful words. Believe it or not many many people across the country live beside Coillte land :)

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭PoorFarmer

Very hard to believe that land owned by the state forestry company, and was fenced off as such, has been sub-divided and sold off as a site for one off housing. It would really open a can of worms if this were the case as that land-bank (440,000 hectares) would have the possibility to provide much needed land for housing albeit in some remote areas. While at the same time flying totally in the face of government policy on forestry.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

All the land originally owned by Coillte? They created two sites at the same time and fenced them? Or has your neighbour's site only been recently sold by Coillte?

If originally two sites it is unlikely they would set back the fence between the sites to favour one site.

Advertisement