Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice

Options
  • 08-05-2024 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi,

My Red Robin tree which is about 6 feet in height now looks poorly. The leaves are dry and drooping. This is the first time that this has happened as it has been a fine healthy plant for several years now. I have been told it could be root rot or the ground is saturated from watering or rain. I'm not sure about this as there are other trees and shrubs together in the same position and not affected.

Is anyone aware of some treatment I could add or some form of supplement to revive this tree?

Any information will be appreciated.

N

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Had that been damaged at the base? Looks to have dried out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭standardg60

Looks too catastrophic to be waterlogging, they can get diseased so have a closer look at the trunk for evidence. There does look to be one or two healthy shoots on the lhs, the rest for me looks beyond help and should be cut out and see if it recovers.

Advertisement