Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pressure washer - no pressure?

Options
  • 08-05-2024 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭

Hi. I have a JCB electric power washer which has lost it's pressure. Powers on fine and water flows through and out the outlet. Any ideas what the problem may be?

Image of the pump attached.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

check the two ends of the hose going to the lance for rust if it’s clear I would think the o rings in the little pistons in the pump are worn

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭JamBur

Are you saying powers on, as in, you can hear that the pump is running but not achieving pressure?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭gooner99

Thanks. So as you can see in the picture, I removed the hose/lance. I connected the water hose and turned it on and water flows freely through. But when I turn on the power I hear noise, but no increase in water pressure.

Jambur. Thanks. Yes I hear noise like a motor when I turn on the power.

Another question. You can see on the picture that there is a little black plug on top which I can twist and remove. Any idea what it's for. Would it be an oil cap. Although I didn't think electric washer took oil?

• Advertisement
Advertisement