Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about suspiciously low car insurance qoute

Options
  • 08-05-2024 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hello,

1. I am a new driver.
    2. Been getting quotes of 2k+ from all major insurers for comprehensive insurance (including AXA)
    3. I got a quote from gmib.ie which was 700euro less for comprehensive insurance also from AXA

Anyone know what the catch is here or is there one? Could I have put down some wrong info on gmib application?

Thanks in advance,

K

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭walshtipp

Check you didn't make a mistake with the no claims bonus years. And check what the excess is on the policy. A higher excess will lower the premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

AXA are known for extremely bad customer service so they sign you up for car and home insurance with a catchy tv ad and very low premiums, then ditch you once you have paid. Sure, everything in your policy may look all legit but I made the mistake of using them for home insurance and when I needed them for a house repair they dragged their heels so much and were almost impossible to contact so I sorted it myself in the end. I wouldn't advise it! Cheapest is definitely not always best.

Advertisement