Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan of bull

Options
  • 08-05-2024 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi

I'm looking to get a loan of a bull to run with my suckler cows for the next few weeks, my cousin has a bull he could loan me and bull is 5 star but what do I need to do with regards notification to the department?

Is a TB test required to move to another farm temporarily?

Any advice appreciated

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭hopeso

I'm not 100% sure, but I'd say if he's in test it should be alright to move him to your farm, the same as if you bought him. However, your cousin will need to apply for a movement permit, just like if he was selling the bull. You'll need to accept the bull into your herd with the movement permit. When you return the bull, you'll need to apply for the movement permit, and he'll have to accept him back into his herd. All this can be done online on the agfood website.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭alps

The herd he is coming from will have to have had a full TB testbwitin the previous 6 months, or else the bull will have to be tested within 30 days of leaving the farm or arriving on yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,467 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Is it not easier to buy a bull and sell on , probably for same money, when finished. Getting a lend of a bull could turn out messy

Advertisement