Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek›Discovery 5x07 'Erigah' ~~ { ** Spoilers Within ** } Warning

Options
  • 09-05-2024 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭

Star Trek›Discovery 5x07 'Erigah' ~~ { ** Spoilers Within ** } Warning: This thread will contain spoilers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭corkie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

It's a library card! Bit dumb but nothing out of the ordinary for here. Now, the size of that Breen "ship", that was bloody silly altogether.

I really have zero interest in the two antagonists. I'm not too sure if it's because they're just not interesting, their back story is quite bland, or the acting isn't good, but they're not very compelling at all. It's also somewhat unbelievable that they have to go back to the Dominion war for information on the Breen, surely they might have picked up an extra bit or two over the centuries.

The fight scence was janky as f**k, felt seasick watching it!

Wasn't the worst episode though, though I do find that any episode with Tig Notaro automatically gets points deducted. She really can't act and I find the character quite irritating. I'm also really confused as to what Bookers deus ex machina powers are now.

Tuning fork starship at the end is possibly one of the worst of the new designs to date for me! I'm quite insterested in seeing the badlands with modern effects, though I really hope they don't find a way to f up DS9

• Registered Users Posts: 16,113 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

You know what's also really stupid about this show? They are so lazy they barely ever walk anywhere now and the ship can jump wherever it likes but yet when they go back to headquarters they have to Dock lol. Why not just beam into it or do the Spore jump into it.

That Breen ship Wow. Would not want to mess with that. Still it's not as cool as the 24th Century Breen ships

Post edited by AMKC on

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,525 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Burnham's determined to get Rayner to cry before the season is out

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Every time I see this episode title my mind jumps straight to ermahgerd memes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,581 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,131 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Find it funny how they refer to "Before the burn" like we would refer to "Before Covid". I know that feels a long time ago to us, but the Burn was over a century ago.

And a planet was wiped out by the Breen and one of their officers comes from that planet, yet no one asked him about it to get it on record? Figured that would be the kind of thing they do keep a record of.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭eadrom

How is Mol suddenly a bargaining chip for the Federation? Why did Mol even care about saving the federation? She can save her own life in exchange for the info or whatever she says she has and screw the Federation. Or the Breen could just take her and extract it, and screw the federation. That deal didn't seem to make sense. Maybe they were actually afraid of starting a war but that didn't seem evident in the buildup.

"Who are you? His child? Sibling? Cousin?" — lol at this line from Burnham because yeah, those are pretty much the only options for anyone in this teeny tiny universe.

Stamets: "Wait.. what did you say? …'feels like'?… hmmm. 'feels'… feelings… Empath! That's it! " arrrgggghhh 😫 😫

And Tig Notaro guessing maybe it's a "library card", because those are metal in this one place she worked one time. And hey, she's right! Yippee!

Just a bunch of overwrought nonsense filling screen-time before unearned solutions pop-up out of nowhere. Boring episode really.

So Book connected to the library through the card to find out where it currently is? Makes perfect sense to assume someone would tether a library card to a library using feelings.

I think the final episode should just have the title morph from "Star Trek: Discovery" into "Star Trek: Feelings"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭flazio

And, as is becoming custom, we get a guest appearance from Nhan to remind us that the security protocols on Disco are pure horse manure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭pah

Just hate watched this. Absolute muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

speaking of retainers, why isn't the security officer wearing her breather?

Post edited by expectationlost on

• Registered Users Posts: 17,525 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

C'mon - you can't expect continuity in this show?!?!?!

From a previous episode, 32nd Century tech advancements meant they have a discreet breather now. Continuity is fine. It's like asking why Commodore La Forge wasn't wearing a Visor in Picard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Well, he has to shed one tear before he dies to protect Burnham. I mean, she's got to have another reason to smile bravely… He may die, but SHE's worse off because she has to smile bravely: What is death compared to putting on a brave face?

And he WILL die before the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Have they been using the character sacrifice trope that much in Discovery though? There was Robogirl in season 2 (and Admiral Cornwall), but from season 3 onwards (when the show became a lot less dark in general than it had been in season 1/2), they seemed to focus quite heavily actually on finding resolutions to situations that didn't involve characters having to die. Though I'm not invested that much in Discovery so I might be misremembering.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Not so much. But Book and Rayner are still gonna go. Because they love her and respect her grudgingly (Which will eventually turn into the typical worshipping RIGHT before the end. As they realise that she was right 100000% all along)

Not forgetting the scene with Burnham talking about him to the crew so the camera can show each of their faces as they admire her bravery in this difficult time.

Will give the writer this though. Reno said in the shielding brainstorm that she spent some time partying with the Hysperians. Turns out the Hysperians are the people that gave us Cerritos Chief engineer, Lieutenant Commander Andy Billups. And we certainly know that they know how to party.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

… wrong thread … sorry!

• Advertisement

Turns out I also posted this in the wrong thread but it's not much of a spoiler anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Its Dan Browne story telling…

Hmm telling….tell…william tell…william tell overture…over…eggs over easy…easy…easy rider…rider…Ryker….Riker was first officer on enterprise…enterprise…enter…Ahh we need to go into something!

/scene

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

thats all I think of with the episode title

Advertisement