Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Executive Officer 2024

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 truespark

Congrats to all who passed and commiserations to anyone who didn’t get through this time. Anyone know how likely it is for OOM in the 230s (Dublin) to get called for interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dinny1982

I thought the tests were OK overall, but surprised I did so well in numerical. 750. Oom 2 in County I chose

• Registered Users Posts: 27 SpringThing

What order of merit onwards is unlikely to be called? Delighted to have passed but in the 1000's.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭lucat

Is that your total score or your OOM? I got a similar total score myself. I'm doubtful my OOM will be reached but mostly I'm amazed that I passed numerical!

Congrats on passing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Congrats to everyone who passed and hard luck to everyone who didn't. Another competition will come around sooner than later. Somehow managed to pass the numerical and even got a better score than verbal even though found numerical much tougher. Got a high ranking in terms of number for my county so not even sure if I'll ever be called.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭VitreousLife

do you think? I thought this was it - whatever OOM you got in this message this was it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Anyone want to annoy PAS and ask when shortlisting results will be out ;o)

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Yeah Right

Very well done, that's an excellent result. Especially the maths.

I had 456 for verbal and 505 for numerical. Just over 1,000 in the OOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Burton

Chuffed with the pass. Dublin top 200

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gestappo

Just as an FYI, as I noticed a few people mentioning this, but the panel is only for a year.

Plus it states our OOM will change once shortlisting is completed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Shkyboy123

So are they short listing again based on applications? Is it possible to not get to interview even if you have a good oom based on the exams?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Flaker

I'd love to know this too as I'm in the 240s. Can't quite believe I even passed....

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Congratulations to everyone who passed 👏 🙌

Commissartions to those who didn't get through.

I failed and the Numerical was my issue.

I'm not too bothered though .. I'll keep trying 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 548 ✭✭✭jules86

Shortlisting

The number of applications received for a position generally exceeds that required to fill existing

and future vacancies. While a candidate may meet the eligibility requirements of the competition,

if the numbers applying are such that it would not be practical to interview everyone, the Public

Appointments Service may decide that a smaller number will be invited to the next stage of the

selection process. The Public Appointments Service provide for the employment of a shortlisting

process to select a group who, based on an examination of the application forms, appear to be

the most suitable for the position. This is not to suggest that other candidates are necessarily

unsuitable or incapable of undertaking the job, rather that there are some candidates, who based

on their application, appear to be better qualified and/or have more relevant experience. During

shortlisting, an expert board will examine the application forms against agreed shortlisting

criteria which are based on the requirements of the position. The standard of content of each

application submitted may also be assessed during this process. The shortlisting criteria may

include both essential and desirable criteria specified for the position and, it is therefore in your

own interest to provide a detailed and accurate account of your qualifications/ experience in your

application. The onus is on candidates to complete the application form fully and accurately.

In the case of competitions that may involve large numbers of candidates, candidates may be

ranked on the outcome of their online assessment tests and will be shortlisted in accordance

with their ranking. Applicants must successfully compete and be placed highest, to be

considered for advancement to the next stage of the multistage selection process. The number

to be invited forward at each stage will be determined from time to time by the Public

Appointments Service.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 KJG88

Oh my god I survived! 15 OOM in my county, delighted with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CS2022

Are they definitely shortlisting?

Quite disappointed with results. OOM 57 in my location. Placed top 10 in last comp but dropped OOM to mid-teens after shortlisting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 polly65

Well done, that's a great result!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sudzy25

delighted to have passed. Meath Area: Top 15 OOM

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gestappo

In the video it states the assessments are Stage 1, Shortlisting as Stage 2 and Presentation & Interview Stage 3

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Pickysue

Spoke to PAS this afternoon just prior to the release of the results and they said the next stage is shortlisting - does that mean that the POM we have now will change?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 CreativeCrafter3

Hi Everyone, I placed in mid 300s for Dublin. Is there a chance I won’t get shortlisted with that number? I rushed the application a bit 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 2 samcon1988

just a quick question. If someone if in an acting up role and gets promoted from this competition does time served in the acting up role count towards time spent in the role? Also how long does someone had to spend in an acting up role before they have to be made permanent or go back to their normal grade?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 aislingm999

How do they do the shortlisting'? For example, for Dublin, will the first 200 automatically get through to interview and then they assess all other applications ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 deanj44

I passed thankfully.. and scored better in the numerical than the verbal reasoning which I was surprised about. OOM in the mid 900’s

There are panels in PAS who go through your application form and score its content according to the HEO competencies/capabilities and if you get enough points you pass and get a new OOM and get called for your presentation &Interview - that’s exactly what I was told this afternoon by PAS.. It’s now that the content of the form is important

They’re doing it in batches of 300

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gaynora

Results are out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Ahem123

Early 300's for Dublin. Shocked and pleased!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 StokesDrift

Yes, it's entirely possible. This happened to me in the last HEO comp, passed the tests and failed on the competencies on the form

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 hanjacal11

First batch for the comp in 22 was 422 just went through my messages on public jobs

Advertisement