Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Executive Officer 2024

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Aabbccdd

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gestappo

Is there a way to find out the number of applicants for the 2022 HEO competition, as well as the number of candidates eliminated at each stage and those not reached before the competition closed?

Post edited by gestappo on

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭blondie007

Thanks a mil for this info. Can I ask what your OOM for Cork was following Stage 1 results? Just wondering how high they go in OOM for the initial Shortlisting.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭CivilCybil

Also thought it was very unfair that we could only pick one county.

I'm within an hour's drive of two other large cities. And I can easily commute to places like Galway, Athlone and Dublin on the train/Motorway so if I was only in the office 1 or 2 days it would be fine.

I would definitely have easily taken another one or two counties but was confined to just one option. Ridiculous when Ireland is such a small country and most people are hybrid working now.

I'm afraid to open this new message from Public Jobs - what's the bets they messed up in their calculations?

For the EO Comp previously, I got three different scores following the assessments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Tts annoying alright it was like they changed everything on this competition

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Gillouise

I was terrified getting that message - it's just a table with qualifying scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Aabbccdd

Its only feedback and info on the average score of all applicants.🤣 my heart

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Flaker

It's just breaking down the scores of the tests. I am in the bottom third and according to the breakdown am literally at the very bottom of that. I'm in the 240s but there are people with lower scores who have said they have passed too so I'm not sure how accurate it can be lol.

Safe to open so! Phew!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Latetothegame

Im in top 3rd for maths middle third for verbal but close to top of that but my oom is high 400s 🤷‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭CivilCybil

I was in top third for numerical and just shy of top third for verbal which is annoying the perfectionist over achiever in me 😂

My heart though when I got the message. Thought it was going to be a "we looked at your application form and you're out!"

This process would put years on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MidnightOil

Was there a message on the results yesterday that you would now be forwarded for shortlisting?

Oh sorry I read it all wrong 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I'm in the top third for both lol. I'm such a dope I don't know how I passed at all 😆😆

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Rye Bread

Expecting about 3 or 4 weeks for shortlisting going off previous comps.

In 2019, I placed top 50 after tests but was eliminated based on the form.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭lucat

I'm the opposite. Group A for verbal and the middle of B for numerical and my oom is 300's. I'm guessing verbal might have been given more weight than numerical in determining the OOM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭JennyZ

It's average scores for all locations combined though, not per location. I'm high in the middle batch for both tests and oom in the 700's, Dublin.

Post edited by JennyZ on

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jane83

cannot see on the information booklet how the weight was attributed between performance on verbal and numerical

• Advertisement

One liner stating did not demonstrate evidence of required standard in X competency. I asked for more detail and was told no.

One liner stating did not demonstrate evidence of required standard in X competency. I asked for more detail and was told no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 aislingm999

I contacted PAS this afternoon asking when will receive stage 2 results(shortlisting based on application form).

This was their response:

"Candidates will be brought through shortlisting in order of merit per location choice as vacancies arise.

Results will then issue to candidates accordingly."

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Eoin2231

Surprised how well I did on the numerical reasoning, was expecting to have failed it. Placed in low 300s. Any idea how many they bring forward in batches for interviews or timeframe? Possibly interview by end of year or early 2025?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭2016claire

Good evening, everyone. Best of luck to all who passed the test. Please, God, I hope you all pass the interview, get through, and get placed. I’m sorry for those who didn’t pass the test—I’m afraid I’m one of them. I did very well in maths but struggled with the verbal section. Does anyone remember any of the verbal questions, or does anyone know of a site where I can practice? I didn’t practice at all, and I completely forgot that we weren’t timed, so I didn’t read the questions properly. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,
    Claire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭CiboC

I got higher third on numerical and lower third on verbal, placed low 600's for Dublin.

I remember not being able to answer 'true' to any of the verbal ones, they were all 'false' or 'cannot say' for me which I knew couldn't be right but I should have taken more time - I probably rushed it more than I needed to.

Why is that relevant? I didn't mention anything about location.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Same for me - and I usually do ok on the verbal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭JennyZ

I think some posters above were querying average scores released today versus OOMs quoted on here, and that it didn't tally, the averages were based on countrywide not location, so hence the confusion, OOM's would not be relative across locations. Sorry should have quoted first person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Australia33

Advertisement