Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shorter Working Year

• 09-05-2024 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

I was planning on taking SWY for 6 weeks this autumn , however , I’ve since been told that a max of 4 weeks can be applied for in my Department. This goes against the circular governing SWY. Is there anyway of getting around this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Kirbi

I'm assuming you're in the civil service.

The short answer is that rules like this don't go against the SWY circular - 14/2009.

Departments can develop such policies to deal with some of the legitimate concerns mentioned in the circular (some of these are in the "Application" section).

If you take a look at the NSSO page for SWY you'll see that DSP's restrictions are so established that they're specifically called out. The FAQ attached to the page also includes a question on this topic which confirms this.

Advertisement