Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview Rescheduled

• 09-05-2024 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have had a interview for a public sector role pushed back a few weeks due to panel problems their end. I had my date and was all prepared and have since booked a holiday in the following weeks. The proposed reshedule dates will now sit smack in the middle of the break and i can't cancel.

Can I request a online interview or is it just not to be now? I was working things around this interview and paid more for the trip to facilitate it and now they've moved it again (after 5 months since applying)

Post edited by Great Knock on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Phantasos

I would simply contact them via email and say what you've said.

Thank you for your email / Please note that I am out of the country between the dates of __ and __ and your rescheduled time/date is during this time / Can you please reschedule for another suitable date, or I can conduct the interview online if needs be

They have rescheduled on you, so hopefully they will be happy to accommodate you. If they give you any grief I would press them on the fact that they have rearranged the time/date at short notice and that you would like a rearranged time that is suitable for you.

I'm sure they'll work around your dates given they've cancelled on you first.

Advertisement