Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What fixings please

• 09-05-2024 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

Hi folks I'm trying to sort out a timber gate for my daughter's young lad. Try keep him in! I'm at a loss though as the house is modern built super warm and for all intents and purposes hollow so I've no idea how or what to use to attach the post to the wall of the house! Any help or advice much appreciated 👍

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Hi! When you say hollow, how do you mean? Is the wall externally insulated or is it a cavity wall? Can you photograph the section of the wall showing us a window reveal, etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭listermint

You'll have to put a post in the ground. Either dig hole and concrete in or just a ground post fixing bolted down. Then hang off that.

If it's external wall insulation or timber frame try to avoid touching the house with fixings your opening up world of of pain with render or a really gammy gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Polo_Cluvie

I'm almost positive it's an icf house

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Polo_Cluvie

I thought of doing that alright but right where I need to do it lies the gas and electricity meter so id be taking a chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Switch the gate post sides. Many ways to skin a cat 😃

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,236 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Assuming its a side gate in a passageway then you can just move it up or down the passageway to somewhere suitable.

Advertisement