Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tents in Dublin

Options
  • 10-05-2024 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

am curious about all the tents in Dublin for asylum seekers and also around the country, WHERE are these tents coming from, perfectly good tents being loaded into trucks and new people coming in are giving new ones, someone somewhere is making a lot of money on this,

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

I hear it's the homelessness charities: NGOs for homelessness. A lucrative industry in itself, I've no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭tohaltuwi

Where are the Government-sponsored charities sourcing them? Who is making the big bucks here? A few FOI requests could be made, and I have seen it suggested on Twitter/X to Ben Scallon to follow this money trail.

Also are they being recycled? What does Eamon Ryan think of tons of tents being potentially thrown away?

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

There is a major & decades old successful family business in Ireland concerning camping & self-storage. There are other “newcomers” too.

Post edited by tohaltuwi on

• Registered Users Posts: 34,648 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Ironic that most of these tents have 'TRESPASS' written on them…

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement

hadn’t observed that, but this must be the company:

Tresspass dot ie

Private Scottish company:

Jacobs & Turner LTD, trading as Trespass, is a privately owned sportswear brand with headquarters located in Glasgow, Scotland.

They were established in 1938, catering for the harsh wilderness of the Scottish Highlands & Islands, and likely set up to supply in quantity. Like the end users, coming through Belfast.

Edit - wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Its no party 1933

it’s so wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Its no party 1933

Genuinely upsets me that the people in power have let this happen,quick deportation at this stage is the only answer,there is genuine guys in those tents,but I’d say if our government have the guts,this fiasco could be solved in 3 weeks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,815 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Moderator post:

Moved from Media & Research to Current Affairs/IMHO.

-Shield

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

There's a wholesaler making a nice chunk of money off of this.

Driving past it yesterday on Mespil Road and my little fella asked why all the tents are beside the water, hard to rationalise it for a kid.

The whole situation is a mess.

Glazers Out!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thanks - this is already covered in the refugee thread

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement