Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Considering a Fuji GFX 50r if anyone is thinking of upgrading

• 10-05-2024 3:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭

As the title says, I'm considering a GFX 50r for my sins. I've had a lot of MF format cameras over the past few years, all of which I've moved on but I'm tempted to get back into it - digitally! So if anyone is considering upgrading etc keep me in mind. The timing might be right!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭myate

I've had a 50r pretty recently, but I did sell it on. It's a beautiful camera, I got it primarily for the panoramic feature. I sold it on as it's becoming quite old in digital terms & wanted a decent return for it before prices fell even further. Look around, you should be able to get one at good value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭bemak

I have an X100F for everyday stuff - the 50R was really just for 'slow' stuff which it seems to be well suited for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Funnily enough I've been eyeing them up on MPB as well, and one of the things that attracted me was that xpan aspect ratio panorama mode, which is also within the image circle of quite a few Nikon lenses I have, with some suitably cheap adapter. I'm still vaccilating a bit, but the ~ €2000 could probably be spent more productively. I really like that slimmed 'gigantic RF' body styling though, it's similar to my Fuji GL690. @myate what did yours go for if you don't mind me asking ?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭myate

I bought the 50R + 32-64 brand new in 2021, covid I think! Bought it for the panoramic shooting capabilities because I had the full Xpan2 system from 2010-2017 (sold as film is too expensive now). I used it a good bit but ultimately it wasn't bringing in any money (I'm a fulltime photographer) so I decided to sell it about 2 years ago, while I could still get something decent for it. If I remember rightly, something like 2500 for the body, and 1500 for the lens…maybe a bit less but that was ballpark. I went with MPB as I just wanted it sold quickly, and they're good for that, but I could have got more on the open market but it would have sat for a while. Both mint condition, boxed etc, with remote trigger, Lee filters.

I'm the same - its a lot of money for what they are and while I'm sure I would get great images out of it, it's probably not worth it for amateur shooting

• Advertisement

after all the youtube research, I think i'll go for a X-H2 instead. Probably suits better

scrap that - XT-5 😂

Same sensor, more compact.

Advertisement