Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek›Discovery 5x08 'Labyrinths' ~~ { ** Spoilers Within ** } Warning

Options
  • 16-05-2024 6:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭

Star Trek›Discovery 5x08 'Labyrinths' ~~ { ** Spoilers Within ** } Warning: This thread will contain spoilers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Ye I think I am hate watching this now. Yet again a clue that the writers have absolutely no idea.

They are in the badlands they cut there engines and then the pilot whatever her name is says Quote: I can't stabilise without engines" which is other rubbish.

You have thrusters and inertial dampers of course you can stabilise.

What utter rubbish. The sooner this rubbish is over the better.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,424 ✭✭✭corkie

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭eadrom

Cluuueeee!

Did they just reconstruct a thousands year old artefact which had a holographic projection that was able to interact seamlessly with not only their computers but also their telepathic hand gestures?

That Breen at the end just lifting his arm and a gun materialising into it just in time for him to shoot a guy… Nevermind how, but why? Why not just have the gun on his hip? Who was writing this scene and thought it made more sense for a magic gun to appear from nowhere and then disappear just as quick?

Why am I still watching this Power Rangers nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Well at least we know there's no problem too big or small that cannot be solved by a little whisper cry.

I do have an idea for the finale that Discovery deserves, "Computer, end programme. Man this latest holo novel is shite". And off goes Riker back to a more interesting mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Unfortunately I do not think we will be so lucky.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭flazio

They don't have Commander Jack Ransom, or come to think of it their competent helm officer, Detmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭pah

Lots of nonsense but to be fair that 32nd century weapon materialisation thing has been going on a while

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭eadrom

I know but I hate it every single time.

another scene in this where Burnham says Tilly’s name and Tilly blinks in before Burnham has even turned around to look, saying “I’m here!” or something like that.

Where was she though?! How does that even work from a human being point of view, never mind the technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,803 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Conveniently interacting tech has always been a thing in Trek.

Wrist cuff replicators that just create phasers has been a thing for all the 32nd century seasons.

God only knows. I gave up 2 seasons ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

In the last episode they showed one of the crew dematerialising a phaser that they held. I assume therefore that they can only appear after doing this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

The entire last episode will be a nauseating slow camera pan/rotation in slow motion with equally nauseating internal monologue about how she saved the universe by learning how to love and forgive herself. The entire 45-52 mins of the episode. Rayner will die in 2nd last episode and Book will walk off into the sunset with his seeds

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

they will use the progenetor tech to re create books planet based off that bit of tree. I wouldn’t be suprised if there was some twist where Michael goes back in time and gives that tree piece to the library herself. Its awful stuff. Even Michael was rolling her eyes when the librarian said bring book along on the mission . Every ep has some excuse for him to go off with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

they will use the progenetor tech to re create books planet based off that bit of tree.

Oh you are absolutely right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Sweet baby Jebus and all who sail in them! Of course it has to be Burnham that has to prove herself "worthy" of the progenitor's tech … not the human race, or the Federation … just Burnham … and that will be AOK for this significant piece of tech to just be handed over to some individual.

And if this "progenitor-tech" is SOOO advanced, why does it not get coded to the worthy Burnham, so the Breen can't make use of it … No of course not … Burnham's boyfriend … sorry the progenitor's proxy … gave her a secret password or something so that only she can activate it in the finale!

This is Game of Thrones Season 8 times 10 territory!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭flazio

A nice little Lower Decks related reference was thrown in by Reno. I explained it in full in the thread for last week's episode by mistake but I can't be arsed to edit so just head over there to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was waiting for the archive to have some kind of big defensive weaponry going by the way they talked about it. Also, going by the way it was been talked about, I assumed Burnham would get in some kind of trouble for smashing and taking an item in archive possession. Or is that just me putting more thought into the episode than the writers.

Did they just pull a Game of Thrones to get a woman in charge of a supposedly fierce alien race by playing the Scioneesi card?

Speaking of the enigmatic alien race that people know very little about, it's lucky the one thing Burnham knew was their oaths.

Oh and maybe they were installed for some kind of mad bridge party but I think for health and safety reasons, the next time Discovery is getting repairs done, they should get those pyro machines removed from the bridge. They seem to go off at the slightest knock.

Post edited by CastorTroy on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭DenMan

Really enjoyed this episode! Very surprised they haven't mentioned Professor Galen at all so far, not even a reference to him. Only two more episodes left now for Discovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,510 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

That would probably mean having to pay the writet of The Chase some royalties...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Quick, we only have seconds, we have to get out of here.

Holds…..holds….looks at camera….sniffles…."lets fly"

/scene

Quick, the Breen are coming to kill us all, we have to beam out of here…

Holds….holds….looks at camera….sniffles…smashes tiny crystal thing instead of bringing it….picks it up….holds….talks about it….stupid smile….Breen come in…beam out.

/scene

• Advertisement
Advertisement