Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia-Ukraine War (Threadbanned in op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Perseverance The Second

https://x.com/sebastienroblin/status/1817455519801458844

Some of the highest combat losses seen in the region. France lost around 40 KIA in Mali over 8 years (2014-2022). It was a big deal when U.S. lost 4 in Niger in 2017. Wagner just had 80 killed and more than 15 captured. Included in the KIA was the owner of the Grey Zone Wagner Telegram channel.

Slightly longer detailed account from a Wagner Commander as well https://x.com/bayraktar_1love/status/1817445185556504620

The Tuaregs had been tracking them with Starlink for quite some time as noted in this timeline of the attacks

https://x.com/SaladinAlDronni/status/1817198105357320557

They even managed to destroy an MI-24/35 helicopter. Not that many Combat aircraft in Mali [operated by FAMa or Wagner]. So a very important loss in the context of the Mali conflict

https://x.com/tom_bullock_/status/1817303951764496878

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Detritus70

Sure, they'll start their own Olympics. With black jack! And hookers!
    And for all the conservative Christians whining about the opening ceremony, well you guys like tradition, well I gots your tradition right here:

"I'm not a Trump supporter, but..." is the new "I'm not a racist, but...".

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

Interesting article written by seven EU Finance Ministers on how Russia is financing the war.
    https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/article/2024/jul/24/russia-economic-growth-western-sanctions-vladimir-putin-moscow

I’m summary, they have depleted their National Wealth Fund by half. Exports have dropped a third. They have shifted to a war industry who’s factories are at maximum capacity. They are expropriating private industries to fund public spending. They are struggling with lack of labour and sanctions. They are trying to fight inflation with very high interest rates. Basically they have shifted to a Soviet style economy which we know doesn’t work long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭thatsdaft

Without soviet population or resources or ideology may I add

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Fúck around, find out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,406 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

whats with the "you" , strange way are making points. I was just making the point that if the idea was to make Russia "feel bad" the French have a strange way of going about it. Most of the globe isnt woke , France is having some issues in Africa so in a "hearts and minds " game it was a an own goal. will it matter in a month? no , its one of those who cares

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I doubt Russia crossed the minds of anyone who organised the opening ceremony.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

I think this is more your own rantings factoring in. The Olympics is still gonna be one of the most viewed events globally this year. Meanwhile the fact Russia ran a BRICS games says a lot...

Fascinating how the people doing most crying about everybody else being so easily offended these days are getting offended and losing what little remains of their (woke mind virus infected?) braincells of on pointless manufactured outrage

But now I digress from the topic, so back on the rail

• Registered Users Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭macraignil

Only way the organisers would be thinking of russia in my opinion is the terrorist threat they might try to inflict on the general public in Paris. The role of putin's terrorists in arson attacks on the French rail network immediately before the opening ceremony is still being investigated as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭I.am.Putins.raging.bile.duct

Tuareg fighters have sent a message to Ukraine:

Message to Ukrainian brothers Dear Ukrainian brothers, We, the armed forces of the CSP-DPA, want to express our solidarity with your fight against Russian criminals. We have captured a significant number of Wagner's mercenaries and would like to hand over these captives to you as a sign of support and solidarity. This gesture is intended to help you in your fight for justice and freedom. We hope that this will contribute to the strengthening of our ties and our joint victory. With all our support, the CSP-DPA Armed Forces

https://x.com/abdalaag2022/status/1817352691363856469

• Registered Users Posts: 11,565 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

In today's Nazi land news.

The main thing for the morning:
    —The police have set the task of “brightening” the Moscow region so that it is not “blackened” by foreigners
    —Officials have called for more births due to a shortage of electricians. Otherwise the migrants have disappeared somewhere
    —A participant in the “special operation” was tortured by the police

• Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Roald Dahl

That is a lot of dead Vatniks.

They were rapists, murderers and terrorists and they can now no longer damage or harm innocent people again.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Detritus70

"Woke" is just a brainless buzzword used by people who can't spell "enlightened", "educated" and "empathetic".

"I'm not a Trump supporter, but..." is the new "I'm not a racist, but...".

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭engineerws

My view is that Ukraine sided with the USA following the 2014 coup/ revolution and armed with US weapons despite Obama's warnings and that was not a smart move. Like Ireland they had a problem with ultra nationalism and it seems according to OSCE reports they kicked things off in Donbas and then the Russian's responded.

As Obama said, if you arm them they'll think they can beat the Russian's.

It hasn't worked out for Ukraine and it appears hundreds of thousands have died. I don't know who is worse the Ukraine regime or the Russian one. As I have said, i think they should have a ceasefire. I see zero chance of victory for Ukraine without going nuclear.

I find westerns leaders incapable of diplomacy and feel very sorry for ordinary people in Ukraine. I had a Ukranian neighbour who was nice and assume most Ukrainians are nice too.

Hopefully I've expressed my views in a palatable and correct manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,976 ✭✭✭✭josip

I didn't think the Tuareg were known for taking prisoners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭junkyarddog

There is no Ukrainian "Regime"🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭macraignil

Your views seem to be very different from more widely accepted facts I have read on what has happened in Ukraine in recent history. Do you have any sources you could share to help me understand your very putin friendly view of the genocidal war of conquest and terrorism he has inflicted on the people of Ukraine?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

You're not sure which government is worse? Pretty simple really, it's the ones who invaded Ukraine and is happily committing genocide. I hope you enjoyed playing up another wall of propaganda though.

One Su-30SM fighter aircraft was destroyed and another was hit by shrapnel in the attack on Saki airfield, Crimea two days ago. Seems any aircraft have now been taken away from the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,531 ✭✭✭jmreire

Bullcrap! I happen to know people who worked in Donbass when Putin sent Igor Strelkin /Girkin in with his untagged Russian military with orders to attack ethnic Russians and start the war. Putin manufactured the separatist movement, up to that time, there was not any separatist Russia /Ukrainian divide. They got on fine with each other. And now, this minute, same thing in Finland…very same Putin SOP, you have the Russian speaking extremely small minority protesting and demanding that Finland re open the border to facilitate Russian speakers access to Russia. They have lodged an official complaint with the EU, Putin did the same thing in Georgia, he even gave out Russian Passports to jack up the Nrs of "Russians" living in the region or outside it, so he could justify attacking Georgia to "Protect " the ethnic Russians. Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin is as evil a bastard as ever walked the face of this earth. When he dies, you will see a lot of current trouble spots worldwide becoming peaceful.

The greatest threat for Russia is the thought that they are not invincible. The last few days has shown it more and more. Now we have desert touregs even taking on and eliminating Russian mercenaries.

It was always just a country with a population of france and germany combined but somehow had this grip projected that it was the second country military wise after the US. Scales are now being removed to how vulnerable Putin's regime really is. The country is implementing more fascist racist rules every day. Interest rates are being put up by the central bank. Infrastructure is being neglected. Europeans see Russians as petty terrorists thanks to FSB targeting French trains. Not to mention the celebrity chef arrested. There's the arrest warrants issued by the Hague that even the Russian clergy were warning their financier oligarch not to get involved with the childrens minister as they see she will be arrested after the war delivered by her own people. It's on and on more.

And there's some still pretend in their own head that the last 10 years hasn't happened for themselves, those in and out of russia. It's all changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Virgil°

Except for the fact that its warcrime and genocide excusing horseshite. I too, can express nicely in nice flowery language why an entire nation should be eradicated. Doesn't make what I'm saying any less stupid or horrifying. I can even drag my imaginary neighbour into the discussion who is lovely and agrees with me.

You should, genuinely, be absolutely f***ing ashamed of yourself. Disgusting. Now go on. Tell me how rude I am and disappear for a few more weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Would you like to live under a putin regime?

Can you understand why a country would not want to live under such a regime?

I get you're trying to walk back your previous rhetoric to appear reasonable, but it's completely empty words, calling for peace without outlining a path towards peace means nothing to anyone and adds absolutely 0 to the discussion.

And you can't outline a path towards peace because you're philosophically aligned with putin and don't want to air that fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,022 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

To correct the obvious:

1. There was no coup in Ukraine.
    2. In the 2014 election the far right got single digits (lower than many European countries)
    3. Russia proxy invaded Eastern Ukraine in 2014 (after annexing Crimea)

It hasn't "worked out" for Ukraine? This isn't some territorial spat. Putin launched a full-scale invasion in Feb 2022 to take the entire country as part of his imperialist vision. No one wants to invade nuclear armed Russia.

Unable to see the difference between a democratic country in Europe and the dictatorship that is attempting to invade it? It should be obvious.

Incapable of diplomacy? For years Europe has appeased and attempted diplomacy with Putin while he has conducted only increasing hybrid warfare against the continent, poisoned individuals on European soil with WMD, annexed territory, launched a proxy invasion, killed and attempted to kill domestic and foreign politicians.

»Hopefully I've expressed my views in a palatable and correct manner.

You've presented a familiar collection of falsehoods and distortions designed to shift blame away from Putin

There are a huge range of quality sources, resources and tools available online (in-depth analysis and reports, OSINT, online encyclopedias, chatgpt, etc) where you can not just find real information but corroborate it. There's really no excuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,473 ✭✭✭weisses

Uhh no..... your view in this is as important as your feelings regarding the subject.... Completely irrelevant

Advertisement