Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia-Ukraine War (Threadbanned in op)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭ForestFire

"The children of the illegals who arrived yesterday only found out they were Russian on the plane from Ankara. They do not speak Russian,"

That's got to hurt.....summer holiday surprise of a life time/sentence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,574 ✭✭✭jmreire

The abiding terror of Putin's doubles is that he was in an accident,and lost an arm or a leg or an eye…..or worse!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

If that is the real Putin, then I am Mickey Mantle.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭engineerws

Depressing reading.

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2024/08/ukraine-sitrep-catch-up-.html#more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭paul71

Here comes another round of propaganda, followed by rebuttal which will be ignored and a disappearance for a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,110 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

It's a far left blog site with questionable info

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/moon-of-alabama/

"Overall, we rate Moon of Alabama Left as Biased and questionable based on the promotion of pro-Russian propaganda and conspiracy theories, the use of poor sources, false claims, and a lack of transparency."

Again, you aren't "stumbling" across these types of sites, it's part of a pattern.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

That is interesting they describe it as 'left wing'. I (had) thought it was a pro Trump/MAGA American blog. There's another very non left wing Russia/Putin-sympathetic poster who used to post wisdom from it here about the war in Ukraine every so often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,791 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Tell me you're a russian tankie without telling me you're a russian tankie (from that "blog"):

Aside from the immediate military problems the civilian side of Ukraine is on an ever accelerating down-path. Russian attacks have destroyed nearly all conventional power generation capacities in Ukraine. There are daily blackouts. Food is perishing in the shops and many industries had to stop working.

The Ukrainian government needs money. It needs to introduce new taxes against the resistance of its population. It has already defaulted on foreign debt and new credit lines will be difficult to come by.

The real pressure though will come this winter. Large parts of Ukraine's cities depend on the now dysfunctional power generating capacities to heat their Soviet style housing blocks. With electricity and heat lacking more and more people will think of moving abroad.

These are the same talking points that russia makes against the west all the time, only the weak-minded would pay heed to it.

The comments are hilarious (celebrating deaths engineerws, are you condemning russians yet or still trying to meet people to regurgitate your bile on them?).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭dmc17

And probably some complimentary cosmetic surgery thrown in as an added bonus 😅

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Virgil°

Aren't you tired of this already? We all know your username now. We know your views. Everything you post from now on until forever will be regarded as complete bollocks. Noone believes anything you post.

You're convincing noone and you never will. Literally wasted keystrokes. You could be doing something constructive with your life. But instead you've decided that posting Russian propaganda on an Irish site in a pro-Ukraine thread is the best thing you could be doing right now. Don't you find that kind of sad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭I.am.Putins.raging.bile.duct

The russian\chinese bots aren't bothered about being labelled left or right. Their remit is to sow discord and divisiveness and will often take both sides (by flooding the media en masse) of an event to make everything so convoluted people just get fed up of it. Confusion, frustration and disengagement of people is their main goal. People are far easier influenced when they're emotional and confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,699 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Could have been resistance or possibly a breakdown in a stupid place.

A similar incident recently resulted in a passenger train derailment with carriages coming off tracks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Any reason why you're not prone to divulging where you get all your unusual recommendations from?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Such a pretty sight. Shame we never really get to see the impacts!

I was also reading that Ukraine launched more attack drones into Russia last month, than Russia did into Ukraine.

Ukraine are also using quad-copter drones equipped with laser guided bombs. Gone are the days of having to drop dumb bombs low and stationery to hit a target.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

Somebody ordered the 499 special

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

You can see a lot of missile smoke trails in that explosion. Must have hit an air defence unit at that airfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I initially thought it could have been loaded planes/helicopters, but it does look similar to other explosions of S300s I've seen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,574 ✭✭✭jmreire

Actually its 100% correct when applied to Russia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Economics101

A lot of apparently bad news in this Guardian piece.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/aug/03/ukraine-war-briefing-waves-of-russian-bombings-and-infantry-assaults-drive-major-gains-in-east

No mention of Russian casualties or of Ukranian successes in disrupting Russian logistics. Seems a bit one sided for me, and from a normally reliable source.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭thatsdaft

If you want good in depth coverage almost day to day

• Ukraine the Latest pod from Telegraph
    • Ukrainecast pod from BBC
    • Battleground Ukraine pod

Both BBC and Telegraph have reporters on ground literally reporting daily into every aspect of the war

Yes Ukraine is losing villages in Donbass here and there tho at this rate it be decades to capture Donbass alone for Russians, most interesting point that was made this week that Ukraines main problem is not manpower but lack of equipment and training for new brigades, with Russians attacking the sectors with weakest least trained troops deliberately.

That Guardian page looks to have been a summary by ChatGPT (notice they didn’t even put a name of author on it) and they as a publication have no journalists on ground, mostly resorting to second hand summaries for the far left who mostly moved onto left wing crusades in Palestine etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

if that’s the case then that’s disappointing from the Guardian

The Guardian is riddled with russian sympathisers. Silly old communist brain rot they picked up in college like claire daly.

They're not extreme by any means just cringe. They know what side their bread is buttered on which is a very capitalist quality ironically. It's almost like their idealogy is complete bullsiht and can be applicable when it suits them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

It reads as "no news" to me - everything is stuff that's already well known and well-reported on by various commentators on YT and Twitter. Overall it's still the same "pick a village, bomb everything into obliteration then claim success when the Ukrainians pull back to the next river/treeline/railway" strategy. And don't bother mentioning the several tens of thousands of Russian troops that were sacrificed in the process.

Reading a few accounts given by escaped Russian conscripts, in particular the continual reference to whole squads (or whatever term you might use) being obliterated, it occurred to me that Putin has another reason to negotiate a ceasefire in bad faith: if/when the fighting stops, the Kremlin loses the argument that Solidier So-and-soski is currently "out of contact" but not dead. However many men come back, there are going to be hundreds of thousands that don't. If there are no ongoing hostilities, I'm sure even the most pro-Putin families are going to want to know where their father/son/husband and/or death benefit is. Will the Kremlin try to argue that they all just ran away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Economics101

I don't agree. The Guardian comment pieces have been resolutely anti-Putin. It seems to me more like careless and lazy journalism rather that pro-Russian bias. I think our own lefties (Daly, Wallace and Higgins) are in a different league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Jon Doe

LOL!… not really… You know @engineerws you're my favorite character in this whole forum! You're a sort of booster dose that keeps this forum's anti fascist reaction strong and healthy! But comrade I really hope you're doing all this of your own volition... Because if you're being paid to do this, comrade... you're in dire straits... It's only a matter of time until you get slapped with a performance review and then... of to Africa with you! I hear 80 new positions just opened down there...

PS: the 'comments' are the most amusing part of that article. For each and every single one of them the expression "the cope is strong with this one" fits like a glove. Statements like

"It is amazing that there are still no mutinies in Ukro army."

"but in the end the Russians will have to gain ground and a lot of it."

"Artificially propping up the Kiev regime is just getting more and more people killed. The conscripts are likely not interested in dying for this lost cause. Sad." xD

"I still think Ukraine will have to surrender before the US November voting and that will be messy"

"When Ukraine breaks it will be shattered. "

"This winter will be harsher than ever, as Russia recently launched a large-scale attack on Ukraine's electricity grid." ← yes… because it's impossible for two to play that game…

"I still think we end up with some papered over armistice, a Korea solution."

Every single one of these make me smile… 😈

I do wonder which of those are you… all in all, fun & amusement for all the family!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭engineerws

Glad to see someone appreciates my contributions. Sadly, nobody is paying but glad to take donations if anyone wants to send me money.

Anyway, it seems nobody here apart from me is disheartened by the warfare in Ukraine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Have you even admitted that Russia is committing genocide yet? You've pushed what amounts to propaganda but asked to clarify your view on basic facts and you run a mile.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I'm incredibly disheartened by it and I truly hope the Russians **** off home. For now I think the west should be helping Ukraine as much as possible to accelerate this.

Advertisement