Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia-Ukraine War (Threadbanned in op)

1164165166167168170»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

All war is brutal and full of awful things, it is however only western or heavily western influenced states that take any heed of such things or have populations that care for such things or would view them as wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Gone soft and worse again run down armies to being completely ineffectual and weapon reserves down to levels where training is a problem never mind combat or sustained combat.

Gone soft and no gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

I didn't mean the longstanding terror of Putin or Russia and "escalations", or Russian state collapsing into chaos if it loses the war etc. (and probably "terror" is too strong!).

I think there may be an additional fear (or a different fear if other one is waning with time?) in Biden admin. now (just a few months away from the election) that they change things up (e.g. further relaxation of restrictions on weapons use) the impact at home could be unpredictible, so steady as she goes. I think that's a mistake as war is unpredictible anyway.

I don't mean to blame the US, but they are the ones with the most weapons that can help Ukraine, they lead NATO and have a big effect on the policy of the other NATO countries in Europe more affected by the war.

Bar extreme circumstances, the others cannot or will not make big decisions themselves without the US leading or at least encouraging them.

Yes, I totally agree with you about how disengaged from it people in this country (Ireland) seem to be anyway. If following international news and events, they seem more worried and absorbed by the ME and Israel/Palestine etc., which is a bit mad on the face of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Suckler

No, you just misrepresnted and misunderstood what I'd said but lacked the ability to admit you assumed wrong. Instead you stuck your fingers in your ears and proceeded with a nonsensical "you meant, you meant, you meant!!" ramble insisting you were right. At this point I have to ask if English is your first language?

Also it's (unsurprisingly) unclear as to who or what you're now responding to…but I'm sure you've 'assumed' we'd know…

Post edited by Suckler at

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,726 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Sorry but I took you to mean that war crimes are something creeping back in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭zv2

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭Avatar in the Post

You’re more transparent than you think. Your narrative is false. I already allowed you the last word, after repeatedly correcting you, because you have nothing else to do. But, here we are again. Either you or your fellow traveller seem to want to initiate nonsense. Try to grow up and stop derailing the thread. It’s like as if you don’t want this thread topic to be discussed. 👀

Actually, I’m done with this, spew your BS all you like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭thatsdaft

Seeing how all of the useful idiots are busy on the Durov subject it’s obvious the Kremlin is in full panic mode about their and their armed forces and population in general reliance on Telegram

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Suckler

Because you’re continuously wrong but lack the honesty to admit it. Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭eire4

He was born in Pretoria and grew up in South Africa. He has Canadian citizenship through his Canadian mother which he got when he was a teenager moving there and later also got American citizenship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭saabsaab

If Ukraine take Kursk it would be a huge feather in their cap. Russia don't seem to be capable/interested of/in stopping them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭rogber

How naive do you have to be to think Russia signing up to anything means they will adhere to it? Ask the Ukrainians how much Russia's signature to any agreement is worth

Advertisement