Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2fm - New schedule coming

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,788 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There was also no music streaming, no youtube to get music from, FM radios in every decent mobile phone, radios played in shops, on work sites and even some offices; and the economy was wildly overheating in a consumer consumption lead manner.

There is no point trying to compare the two eras. 2FM could clearly be run better, and cheaper, than it is now; but its not going to make 20m profit. And at the time, how genuine that profit was was often brought up - they didn't consider the cost of their RTE supplied news, for instance.

There does need to be a review of what is its public service remit; and whether some things should be there at all - but I doubt it'd be possible to make a profit on commercial income currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,434 ✭✭✭Tow

As a retired RTE producer put it to me. It used to be all about the show and it's audience, but over the years it became about how to promote the product, the product being the tallent.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Shan Doras

Irish radio was awash with cash during the Peak Celtic tiger days, UTV/Wireless group paid 52 million euro just for FM104 in 2007. I reckon the entire wireless Irish portfolio of 6 stations wouldn't fetch that amount today.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,579 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A bang of Toy Show The Musical (Light), off this campaign, engaging in something you have zero remit for as part of your use of public money…

Advertisement