Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeless Wherers - all are welcome, old and new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

No thought of retirement here, the way things are going, I'll probably still be answering emails from the afterlife…

Anyway, deskside here. It looks like a lovely day outside and for once I don't feel like crap. Long may it last!

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Meeting a friend in an hour for a quiet one or two, been way too long, far too much to catch up on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭3d4life

Hmmmm …. dont see you on the invite list …..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Come one, come all, I'll be flat out working the weekend.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭3d4life

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

football time, lovely cold pint of NA Guinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭suvigirl

The poor old Brit in work is getting a right slagging this evening!!

let's hope he's not the one laughing at the end of the night!!!!😂

Busy day before back to work tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Lying in bed here at home feeling very low and very sad after flying back from Holland with my OH yesterday. Cried my eyes out the whole flight back home.

My eldest sister is still over there sorting paperwork and helping my late sister's family. She is flying over here next week along with my sister's partner and my nephew and niece, my late sister's children.

My boss has given me 3 weeks compassionate leave, but I do need to catch up on work emails and other stuff tomorrow. I just don't have the motivation or inclination to do so today. I'm crying an awful lot. OH has been a rock of comfort and support to me which is wonderful.

Following the memorial service and cremation in Holland last Saturday, my beloved sister Kirsty's ashes will be interred in a ceremony at my dear late mum and dad's grave in Castleknock, where we grew up, on Sat July 20th.

I'm beyond heartbroken at this loss. 💔💔

My sister was a truly beautiful person inside and out, always putting others ahead of herself and was incredibly considerate, loving and loyal. Always looking out for me, her baby brother.

Photo I took of Kirsty way back in 1994, when she was living in Brussels.

@JupiterKid there is unfortunately crap to do, but there's much time around those things to adjust to the new and sad reality, take your space. If you disappeared tomorrow everything would still get done one way or another.The work is dispensable not you. And as always we're here, thank you for sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,057 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Couldn’t sleep , again , so up watching Blade Runner and feeling slightly pissed off .By the time of the 21st century we’re supposed to have flying cars and laser guns .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Well we have the cars, yours for about $300,000

https://alef.aero/

And the military have the laser guns, so we made it :):)

Trying to figure out where I’ll get 300,000 for a flying car

Id settle for a hover board!

A shed costs 300,000 in this crazy country 🙄

Could not sleep last night either. Got up early and out for a walk in some actual ☀️ and warmth.

And it's Friday 😊

Twinges in my back telling me a spasm is coming.....hot water bottle and anti inflamtories ready......any other suggestions to avoid the back giving out completely are welcome😊

Sitting watching tv after realising that my optician appointment is probably cancelled . It’s the one bank holiday I completely dread 😡

Got my work done and finishing up early. Alleluia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Homeside here, absolutely wrecked!

We had our summer party at work. It was absolutely wonderful, with a harbour cruise and live music, but the first part consisted of a scavenger hunt through Cork, my feet were NOT happy! Got home at around 1AM and today was a classic “day after”…

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Understaffed on a busy day. Nightmare. Flat out like a lizard drinking in fact I didn't manage to drink as much water as usual!.

Work. Roll on tomorrow. Shall be resting my back all day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭ottolwinner

assembling a machine in my shed. Friend dropped it off in pieces with a tub of screws bolts, not instructions and a would you have it ready for tomorrow.
    some people don’t know how the world turns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭apache

Couldn't sleep there so brought Lola out. She's doing good. Great little dog.

I had the pleasure of exercising this beautiful dog today

Desk side 🙄

Day off and it's sunny!! 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

Slept for a solid 10 hours and still tired.🙄

Eyes heavy here, would you go back and grab a few more hours for me?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

Not a bother Grem , still in the leaba here, haven't done this in ages , these dark dreary days are taking a toll.

Advertisement