Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeless Wherers - all are welcome, old and new!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

My father was involved in the catering there, so i spent every summer watching the show, but never actually got involved with horses. But they were fun memories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Was an Irish invention during the famine, when all the potatoes were rotten, to turn rice into potatoes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,954 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I think it's abit like a garlic press but bigger and for potatoes, so you pop your potato into the holder and squeeze and it comes out kinda like spaghetti.

I'm not really sure of the point of them tbh, but there's members in my family that love them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Potato ricer gives a lump free potato mash for the likes of duchess potatoes where you use a piping bag.

I use one for juicing cooked fruits, e.g. raspberries and gooseberries, when I want to make a sorbet. Quicker than pushing through a sieve but not as efficient as a proper juicer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Mrs G detests lumpy mash, I can make it but she invariably manages to get lumps in hers, it is indeed like a garlic press just larger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,191 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

A good masher sorts lumpy mash with milk and butter. Mine was Homestore and More. In the leaba. Exhausted. Did the gardens today. All before the rain.

She's got not a lot of upper body strength unfortunately

Mayhem at work and I volunteered for it so I can't complain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watching Psycho , I love it when I find an old film that interests me

• Advertisement

A great old movie it is, line up Rear View Window next

nice relaxing morning on my balcony, one of these I might actually do some work :)

so so true, but not my fault that all our customers take long summer holidays :)

Was using ChatGPT to create a staff roster for next month, it’s a great tool but the amount of errors that it made was substantial, I had to keep getting it to add numbers correctly and we are only talking about 12 people. Somehow it hasn’t convinced me that AI is as fearful as they say in relation to replacing jobs.

He is definitely enjoying my free time

Samsung art

Post edited by smurfjed on

A day off. Looks like rain is incoming. At least the grass is cut .

The cat has the right idea.

Vertigo is an excellent movie. I used to think those old movies had terrible colour saturation but it was just the TV's we had. If you can watch them in HD and on an OLED screen they look beautiful.

It's like October today.

I can't believe it's nearly 4.30pm, where did the day go ?

Oh yeah, meetings and boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Cats always have the right idea!

I've just woken up myself, didn't sleep well last night so went for a nap too!

• Advertisement

Forgot to mention that I had a dream the other night that I'd ordered chips in a takeaway and the order was never completed. When I had to ask at the counter they went rummaging in loads of bags of chips but there was none for me. That's what happens when you leave chips on the table@Mam of 4

And I can't delete this mention here on my mobile ... For a completely different person maybe

@Mamof4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭mehico

I have never seen Vertigo and need to sit down and watch it someday. I watched Rear Window a while back and really enjoyed the film and would recommend it, (it was released in 1954!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,942 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

In your dream I probably had received your portion of chips too 🙈🤣

Drove home late last night deliberately, just to see the view of the Electric Picnic layout from the Windy Gap . It was worth it, a blaze of lights and colours, it was fab . Son said it was like looking at Las Vegas or somewhere!

Watching Scam Intercepters . Basically it’s terrifying how much they know about you .

Post edited by cj maxx on

Tae, leftover Indian, some med drama craic and shortly an early night.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Bedside here in hospital, will be off to sleep by midnight which is very early for a night owl like myself.

Really got huge help here over the past 2 and a half weeks and I will be discharged on Thursday. 😊 I will be attending the day clinic for a couple more weeks.

Off to a funeral tomorrow - another dear friend's mother has passed away. 2024 really has been a year of huge personal loss for myself and quite a few friends.

Listening to my iPad. 🎧🌈

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,209 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Oh wow that sounds awesome 👌 Could you hear the music?

Were cars stopped up to take in the view?

The weather looked idyllic for it. The photos looked great but it's still my idea of purgatory 😆

Day festivals, no problem but slumming it overnight in a field under a canvas roof and hovering my bum cheeks over a portapotty after 3 days of constant abusing, absolutely no thank you sir!

I went to sleep too early 😒 Both my bladder and Mrs Supermoon have woken me.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,209 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I just finished reading a new book called Keanu Reeves is Not in Love With You. It's about online romance scams.

The author engages with them for a few weeks to expose them while taking the absolute piss out of them, thus proving they're either bots or talking to so many people simultaneously and with such pigin English that they don't notice the horse manure she's feeding them.

Unfortunately there are still a portion of people who will get conned by those scrote bags and often these are people who think it could never happen to them 😌

But for the record, if I PM any of you for the price of getting my roots done or a shellac, it is an emergency and I am genuine 🤣

To thine own self be true

Sitting up , as I can’t sleep , watching the DNC convention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,942 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The Windy Gap isn't a road where you can pull in , it's very twisty/turny, it's such a pity though. Believe it or not, we heard NO music, not even driving through Stradbally town 😳 really weird...

Advertisement