Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Istanbul tour/sightseeing

Options
  • 18-05-2024 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

I'm going to Istanbul shortly for a long weekend. I'm staying in Sultanahmet. I had been considering doing a tour like this which brings you to the main sights, just for convenience sake: https://bookingguideturkey.com/en/tour/2-days-tour-for-oldnew-cities-of-istanbul-147#5491

However just reading the small print, it doesn't actually include any of the entry into any of the sights, and I'd imagine all those main places have their own either audio or physicals guides, therefore I'm just thinking I could probably just do all the Sultanahmet sights and Taksim square and Istiklal handily enough myself.

What might be worth getting a guide for would be a tour of the Asian side or some of the less central districts. Just wondering if anyone had done any 1 day trips like this and had any recommendations. TIA!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Not sure you'd need a tour. We just did everything ourselves when we went. The Blue Mosque and the Haggia Sophia are right next to each other. The Grand Bazaar isn't too far away either. Lots of Bosphorus cruises to choose from as well.

Went to Kadıköy on the Asian side. Nice spot for a wander around. Got myself a cut throat shave and haircut over there for about €10. If you're a fella it's a great experience.

Advertisement