Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts or Opinions?

Options
  • 18-05-2024 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,961 ✭✭✭

Looking around adverts, not for anything in particular, and this ad caught my eye.

I don't know anything about this bike, though, so not sure if the price is good etc.

Any thoughts or opinions?

Edit, seems to be a problem embedding

https://touch.adverts.ie/road-bikes/look-566/33732703

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

Owned a 566 for years and I loved it, really light and snappy on the climbs. It'd prob be well over 10 years old so I'd go over the carbon very very closely. Think you'd be limited to 25s too. Lovely frame tho I'd ditch that saddle, set the handle bars up properly and swap that crankset out for a darker variety and you'd have a pretty slick road bike. I sold my old 566 frame for 500 a few years ago, it had approx 40,000kms on it. So depending on it's condition I guess 550 would be a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

Great bike at that price. He’s accepted €480 on it as well so even better again.
    Look frame, 105 R7000 group, Ksyrium wheels. Can’t go wrong as long as the frame is in good shape.
    I had one a few years back that developed a crack near the seat post clamp so keep an eye out for anything like that if inspecting

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

My old 566 in 2018, really miss it. Regretted selling it. Great frame.

Advertisement