Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport T1 Scanners

• 19-05-2024 10:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭

Does anyone know what lanes in Terminal 1 have been upgraded to the new CT Scanners?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Looked to be all of them when I went through on Monday. I was surprised by it, didn't know it was on the cards.

EDIT:- Just reading up on it, it seems that not all have been done. I went though the Lanes on the left and was told not to take anything out of my bag.

Nate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭tinytobe

Don't know, but it's a good choice to take the hike over to Terminal 2 and pass security quicker. Nobody asks any dumb questions if you're doing that, no hostility, etc…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

The three to the left have definitely been upgraded. I don't know how many more they have gotten too. I'm pretty sure some on the right are still to be upgraded, they seem to be going from left to right with the upgrade.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭Allinall

Terminal 2 security can be as bad, or much worse than T1, so you're taking a chance, as there is extra walking time involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

How far is the walk from T2 to T1 after security? Traveling in August & would rather the new scanners as prefer to carry some liquids with me that won’t all fit in the tiny plastic bags, not a ridiculous amount, maybe 3 X 150ml or 200ml bottles & some nic juice too, arriving at 9am for an 11.40 Ryanair flight out of T1 so I’ll have time I’d say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,283 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The 100ml restriction still applies at Dublin Airport, new scanner or not, you just don't need to remove them from your bag using the new scanners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Is the airport map available on the airport site ( https://www.dublinairport.com/at-the-airport/the-map geographically correct or could some of the more distant boarding gates actually be closer to the "other" terminal than they appear to be?

Last time I used Dublin airport (not often, I prefer Belfast when I can) my boarding pass was Terminal 1, but then I had a 10 minute walk, according to the signs on the boards, to my boarding gate. I wondered if I wasn't going to end up practically back at T2, but that's not the case from the map above. My boarding gate was 117 as I recall.

How much farther would it have been if I had gone through the security check at T2?

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls@UNSRVAW "Very concerned about these statements by the IOC at Paris2024 There are multiple international treaties and national constitutions that specifically refer to#women and their fundamental rights to equality and non-discrimination, so the world has a pretty good idea of what women -and men for that matter- are. Also, how can one assess whether fairness and justice has been reached if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

This plus you have to think of the airport you're returning via too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,413 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The map is correct. The 100 gates are the entire opposite direction from T2, so the walk would have been hideous.

T2 is the 400 gates; but plenty of Aer Lingus flights check in at T2 and use the 300 gates - the closest ones in T1. 332-337 are bus gates accessed from the lounge corridor between the two terminals; the 30x gates are in a pier accessed through the T1 shopping area.

The 200 and 100 gates are a long and a very long walk from T2 security respectively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

I don’t think all the ones to the left are upgraded. I heard a staff member there a week ago tell a guy he could leave the stuff in his bag, but the lane to the right of him I believe they had to remove things. I stand to be corrected though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭tinytobe

The walk is of a similar length as the walk from T1 to T2 before security.

I've personally always found it worth doing the little detour to T2 and was always in luck of having things faster done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭Vic_08

You don't need to leave it to luck, https://www.dublinairport.com/ displays current security queue times for both terminals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

^^^ I use their App for this - very handy.

Nate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Last week the screens at T1 said 10 minutes yet it took me 23 minutes to get through 🤬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭VG31

Most are done in T2 now but not in T1. I think only the leftmost 2-3 scanners are done in T1.

Advertisement