Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New flooring

• 19-05-2024 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I want to order new floors for all of downstairs. I want to get the same wood flooring throughout. But one room already has laminate down and the hallway and bathroom are tiled. Do I need to get all that removed first or do flooring companys usually remove old flooring too? I'd expect to pay extra to get the old floors taken up of course, just dont know where I'd find someone to do it and ddispose of it if the flooring companiews dont provide that service.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 kinney

It's a good idea to get the same wood flooring throughout for a cohesive look. If one room already has laminate and the hallway and bathroom are tiled, you'll need to remove the existing flooring before installing the new one. Most flooring companies do offer removal services for old flooring, although it typically comes at an additional cost. It's best to confirm this with the company you choose. If the flooring company does not offer removal services, you will need to hire a separate contractor to do this.
    As for me, I did the removal myself and paid only for installation. Now, I only need to put in the skirting and plan to DIY again. The only thing I need to figure out is the skirting height from the floor to ensure it looks perfect and fits well with the new flooring.
    Overall, it's common practice for flooring companies to offer removal services, but it's always good to ask and ensure that this is part of their service package or to plan accordingly if it's not.

Post edited by kinney on

Advertisement