Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 10 greatest darters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭shockframe

Dp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭shockframe

I wouldn't have Bristow or Lowe in my top 10 as their best years were behind them when I started following(Mid 90s onwards)

FWIW I would have 2 Top 5s. 1 for Circus Tavern/Lakeside and 1 for Ally Pally. Ally Pally era is much harder and would need to be separated from what came before it.

Circus Tavern/Lakeside

1. Taylor
    2. Barney
    3. Adams
    4. Part
    5. Durrant

Adams and Part over Priestley would be controversial but Priestley had his heyday just before I was watching. And even without Taylor he lost a lot of finals.

Adams was quite good for a long while and Part whilst not maybe a blazing talent broke Taylor like no one else could after so many batterings.

Harrington winning back to back Matchplays with Taylor around was quite an achievement but blew hot and cold when I watched him most of the time.

BDO post-split was too open for many to stand out other than Barney (1998-2006). Burnett had a great 4-5 opening years but little else after that.

Ally Pally

1. MVG
    2. Anderson
    3. Wright
    4. Lewis
    5. Price

Wade and Smith a few that were close but happy enough with the Ally Pally 5.

If Humphries picks up a few more majors and 1 more world title he would be well up the list.

Advertisement