Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours Annoying/Aggressive Dog

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭rondog

are you for real?The neighbours arent the problem??One of the dumbest posts ive read on baoards.The neighbour has attacked another neighbour, leaves a feral mutt out barking at everything that moves ruining the neighbours enjoyment of their house.

It never ceases to amaze me how people justify noisy annoying dogs,they are a nuisance and shouldnt be living in estates annoying people.Ive grown a severe dislike of dogs and their selfish owners thinking its fine to leave dog poo all over estates ,leaving their mutts to bark non stop for hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 shaneb123

The same neighbours next door to me had a neighbour joined onto them and the husband died last year. The wife of the deceased had a lovely beagle but she went visiting her daughter I’d say about 4 days after the husbands funeral.

Dog was barking nothing major and my neighbours rang her to come home from her daughters because the dog was being loud.

She put the house up for sale a week later and has been gone for months. I spoke to her when I was walking my dog and she said she couldn’t wait to get away from those two.

Some people just really can’t be helped.

Great post and sums up my sentiments exactly.

and you think its alright to leave an agressive dog running at people.Its people like you i cannot understand.A little evil jack russell on our road used to bark and growl and the neighbours said the same thing that he wouldnt hurt anyone.

2 weeks later he bit a girl on the leg who was on her scooter.

So many dog owners are selfish people who worship their hounds more than children and justify their aggressive behaviour as a bit of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 shaneb123

I was never going to be staying here for long anyway so it wouldn’t really bother me. My father is extremely soft so he’ll just put up with it.

The laws in Ireland really do need changing big time when it comes to dogs. Some dogs are not suited to being in an environment where they are surrounded by humans like in a housing estate.

I’ve always had dogs and been surrounded by them, never in a million years would I have a dog around a housing estate that turned into a maniac around people.

But these are neighbours who collected another neighbours cat in a cage and brought it into them. Don’t think it went down too well for them in the end but those neighbours ended up selling in the end also.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Folks,

There's a tone creeping into this thread that is absolutely contravening the forum rules. We take no issue with people disagreeing with one another. We do take issue with people being disrespectful to one another.

@rondog, take note please.

Thanks,

DBB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Sigma101

You've misread the post. In a confrontation with a neighbour over a barking dog the OP, in the heat of the moment, threatened to harm the elderly man. To prevent an escalation, I suggested that the OP avoid the neighbour and his dog, as the OP is shortly moving away from the neighbourhood.

Nobody here is making excuses for dangerous dogs or condoning the bad behaviour of some dog owners. Do you have any advice to offer the OP? That is the purpose of the thread after all; not just to vent one's anger and express hatred of dog owners generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭JVince

Read your posts.

It would win a tall tales contest

@JVince, if you've a problem with a post, report it, rather than repeatedly making allegations on-thread.

Thanks,

DBB

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Could be worse neighbours could get a Cockeral or a pet donkey and be nothing that can be done about them making noise either…making friends with dog is best way forward

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Advertisement

Of course there coudld be something done about it,theres noise pollution laws and people are entitled to get a good nights sleep.Selfish pet owners waking neighbours and causing a noise disturbance should always be held to account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭JVince

eh?

I explained why I thought it was a loads of codswallop as the Original Post literally would win a tall tales contest.

If its true, then it really is an amazing set of circumstances and the poster is going about things poorly and is meeting aggression with aggression which also comes out in his replies to anyone that challenges his story.

JVince,

It is a rule across the site that if you think someone is trolling, or on the wind-up, that you do not call them out on thread, but instead report it for mods to deal with, if they see fit to.

It is also a site wide rule that you don't enter on-thread discussions on moderator actions, warnings etc.

It might be helpful for you to re-read the rules you agreed up to when you signed up.

As per Boards rules, if you wish to discuss this any further, please do so by PM.

Thanks,

DBB

• Registered Users Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Years ago a neighbour kept a dog in their back garden when the two of them were out at work all day - he was a beautiful thing, very friendly - but of course he wanted company so he barked obsessively - neighbours complained via an anonymous note in the door (terrible way to go about things IMO) - eventually the neighbours found sense and rehomed the dog.

I guess some people, especially those who grow up in rural areas, and who have owned dogs, assume all dogs bark incessantly - just because that’s what they grew up with. Very unfair to the dogs and I think more and more people now understand dog behaviour but there’s still a lot of people out there that need educating

Doh! - posted in wrong thread
    😀

Post edited by Oscar_Madison on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

😀🤪😀😀 Doh! Thanks - I’ll edit now

Advertisement