Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F1 2024 - Round 8 - Monaco

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

Or maybe go back to the old school of quali where for an hour, it's all in, all drivers. Not split in to 3 parts like it is.

I don't know. Surely there must be something. The format of the track can't be changed. That is basically all of Moncao they are racing around.

You're right. It'll be on the calender forever because of the wealth on show. It's ridiculous anyway in this day and age. I don't give two flying fcuks for super yachts and gucci bags on show. I watch F1 for the cars, drivers and engineering on show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Jacovs

In the post race interviews Max and George were joking about 5 mandatory pit stops or bringing back refueling, or a nap break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭Harika

After the Perez/Haas torpedo, the only highlight was Mercedes/Hamilton screwing up a pitstop undercut attempt, and throwing Russell in front of the bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭quokula

There have been many great races at Monaco, even in the last couple of years. Yes, this wasn’t one of them. That’s entirely due to the red flag though.

Between Russell nursing his medium tyres to the end and everyone in front trying to make sure there wasn’t too big a gap to him, they were running up to 10 seconds off the pace which was the biggest problem and why Max and others were complaining. If they were driving close to the limit, even without overtaking Monaco is spectacular, as we saw on Saturday.

But imagine the exact same race without the red flag, all of the top four running incredibly close and all of them requiring mandatory pit stops where the undercut is so powerful but traffic can destroy your race. All of them pushing much harder because they wouldn’t be nursing tyres to the end and they’d be trying to create a gap to Russell (who himself would be going faster to maximise the hard tyre strategy) rather than trying to minimise it. Any of the top cars could have won it and it could have been a fantastic strategic race.

We didn’t get that of course but it’s a knee jerk reaction to call for the track to be scrapped. What we really need is Pirelli to turn up with some properly soft tyres that require two or three pitstops to make it to the end without anything being mandatory.

I enjoy a good tactical race and I’ll often take it over some other circuits where DRS drive bys are so trivial that it doesn’t matter what anyone does the fastest car always finds its way to the front. Monaco, as a one off race on the calendar, fits the bill well when it comes together. It sadly didn’t this year though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

All they need is sprinklers/hoses. Tie them up to a randomised trigger with a ~30% chance of turning on for 10 minutes and watch the entertainment ensue.

Or change the pitstop rules for Monaco, three stops minimum, only the softest tyres are allowed be used. F2 have a specific qualifying format for Monaco so why not allow F1 to have rules specific for Monaco to encourage more opportunity for strategy.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

If this showed anything, it is that the current crop of F1 cars, and their sheer size now, just does not fully belong in Monaco.

It will never leave the F1 schedule though, it will always be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Alpine considering leaving Ocon out for montreal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,277 ✭✭✭✭flazio

According to Sky Sports finest tabloid "journalist" Craig Slater.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

In favour of who? Doohan or Schumacher?

Saw on Reddit that Icon hit Gasly going up the hill as well, just after the Perez crash. He was really not on the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

had it on in the background, pretty tedious affair. though as long as f1 is about car management primarily and racing secondly nothing will change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,277 ✭✭✭✭flazio

You can't really race if your engine or your tyres are close to exploding every week. A STEM educated team would realise, stop explosions, finish race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

Ye, if he told me it was raining outside i'd have to look out the window to check.

Full of sh!t. Like a lot of that lot from Sky

Advertisement